Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

82 924 with Audi 4.2l
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headers look really good man..
Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie313 wrote:
Headers look really good man..

Thanks man, I appreciate that. was a good amount of work. and they still need a lot of work too. but happy with the shape over all and flow.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Article Reply with quote

This was super cool to see. my 924 got her own little article on Pistonheads.
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/porsche-924-v8--readers-car-of-the-week/41577
peterld  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And on the UK 924 Owners Forum!
Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterld wrote:
And on the UK 924 Owners Forum!

Wow! no way? I will have to find it lol! that is super cool to hear!!
Golten951  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Dash work Reply with quote

Hey all. I will be starting my Dashboard modifications and repairs to fit my A8 cluster and to make room for my wiring that will need to go through. I will post pictures of the dash as I make progress. should be able to start it this coming Friday or Saturday. depending on work schedule. Thankfully I have 2 spare dashboards here I pulled out of 2 old cars going to the scrap due to some awful crash damage. I plan to do the top of the Dash in Black, and the lower half in out family tartan as shown in my thread a bit earlier on my Door cards and arm rest/cassette holder
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Dashboard work in progress Reply with quote

Started working my 924 Dash First time ever recovering a dash, so been a big learning event. pretty happy with results. Also fitting the A8 Cluster into the dash. happy so far. the Plaid is our Family Tartan.

[/img]
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Dashboard work in progress cont Reply with quote

Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Dashboard work in progress Reply with quote

Having a lot of fun. I changed the upper dash material. Now I need to order more haah!

Golten951  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Header Reply with quote

Hey all, Header update. I am in the middle of welding up my Headers, then I will send them off for what is called Jet-Hot coating. It is extremely effective and holding heat in the exhaust and keeping engine bay temps lower. It almost looks like a Polish. Once I finish my headers I will post pictures of them before sending them off to be Jet-Hotted. Stuff is worth a look up and a read.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work!

This will be one mean 924..
And truly custom.. Respect..
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie313 wrote:
Keep up the good work!

This will be one mean 924..
And truly custom.. Respect..

Thanks man, I Appreciate it. It has been a lot of fun learning and seeing what is possible. I will continue to update as I go with everything. took a bit of a break from the Dash work until the material arrives to make the top of the Dash on piece instead of sectioning it together, I do not like that look.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Steering Column Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG1hWNN3MdQ&feature=share
Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Sorry I missed this. Reply with quote

kondzi wrote:
Good stuff! Seems to be very tight fit everywhere. Did you take into consideration that the engin might shake / wobble before you get everyting up and running? Do not do any paint job in the engine bay before it’s all well tested Like the project a lot, as these engines are really fuel efficient and have plenty of torque. What I’m not getting is what do has gauge cluster to regulations? I’d do everything to keep stock (vintage) look inside keeping the stock dials / gauges. These are just to insicate things. For regulations you have lot of sensors and electronics to keep under the dash Anyway great job, and for sure you must have lot of patience, as with that kind of mods you change one thing, and need to follow with 2-3 more additional changes at least. Lots of work still to come for sure. Keep us posted with pics

Hiya Kondzi, I am sorry I missed this Post man. one of the other posters kicked it right over into Page 4. It might shake a bit, but not much. these engines are very smooth. possibly the smoothest V8 in production. I do like how these engines Rev and are just effortless.
For Regulation, I am required to have the cluster that will show check engine lights, or Engine faults. also the Cluster talks with the Engine VIA OBD2 which is the port required for engine health checks for smog regulations. In regards to sensors, will not need that many. I will not have central locking, ABS, Airbag, Full satalite, heated seats. and few other things. Thank you much man. I do appreciate the love for my build. I will Post of some more pictures this evening.
Golten951  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Steering column Reply with quote

Pictures of placement for my Steering column. I will be able to set it more solid once I have my Pedals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: