Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

OT - The Day Job - it's finally here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
924RACR  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: OT - The Day Job - it's finally here... Reply with quote

Yes, mid-engine Corvette invading even your 924 forum... years of abuse - I mean development - and we can finally bring this beast into the light...

I'm actually barely visible this time around, briefly, hanging out behind the speaker (Mike Petrucci) in a race suit in the first crowd scene (mostly just a disembodied face floating)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeMfPDURncw

Amusing counterpoint to the other car I just tuned with the engine behind the driver...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqX3bqhBN2/
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be really nice to finally see ut being released. As far as i know its been on the way since before the big crisis. To bad its auto only, but there are other corvettes for people like me

For me it's nice to see engines i worked on make consumption records in different magazine tests, but its way less sexy than red sports cars
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJC  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!
I've seen entry price at $60K...true?
'04 BMW X3..."Xander"
Still on the Prowl!

www.ttrs1.com
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJC wrote:

I've seen entry price at $60K...true?

That's not bad at all, and they are all drysump as standard?

Why did they go back to basically a LT1 (LT2 seems barely different) engine rather than one of the LS engines?

I have looked at this car a bit and it seems to be one of very few new cars that I would actually want and is somewhat realistically attainable..
I have been looking at the newer Alfas too..

0-60 in under 3? But only a double clutch box?
Wonder what will fit from all the older vettes..

that car is pretty sick for only 60k.. Wonder what it comes with for that price..
Think this will make the last gen of vettes price crash?

I can just imagine twin turbos under that glass engine panel.. I bet their is room..
How awesome would it be to get one of these things ASAP to develop a twin turbo kit for to sell..
495 NA might be an easy 1200 if the bottom end isn't stupid..

One of these days I want to build something that is ... relevant .. and will make real numbers...
Sorry 931 but nobody really cares and your never going to make big numbers
Maybe an LS 951..

This chevy does seem amazing though.. They seem to be in the right direction with their later model vettes and now this one looks like it just might flip the lid on the rear engined competition with that relatively low starting price especially if it is going to be Chevy V8 reliable..

Amazing car, might be groundbreaking at this price point, and in the videos I saw that they made it right hand drive as well, so it looks like thay are targeting sales all over the world.. When I saw that I thought that it being front engined would make it a lot easier to make the driving arrangement ambidextrous because their isn't anything in the way..

Maybe a lot of you euro cats will get to play with some American muscle..
i'll tell you as an American that these Chevy V8 engines will really get it, but most of them are all wasted on tractors (trucks)..
Even running like crap becuase of electronic faults, the engines last forever..
Tons of them driving around mounted in rust buckets running like crap for years because they don't fix them when the tune screws up..

Looks real good..
924RACR  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my understanding is they start under $60k USD.

"LT" is a name. The CURRENT LT is derived from the "OLD" LS, not the old "LT" - to my knowledge. I'm not a Powertrain guy. But it's a mistake to think that LS was thrown in the trash. These are just labels.

No other trans from the previous cars would fit, that I can tell. The packaging is probably just too different. Though if it had a manual, that'd be one helluva donor package for kit cars etc! LOL
'79 924 #77 SCCA H Prod racecar
'82 931 Plat. Silver
#25 Hidari Firefly P2 sports prototype
Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fasteddie, its maybe not known everywhere, but sweden is the American vintage car center of the world. We have 100s thousands of them, and thousands are imported every year from the us. If you ever wondered where all your old cars went they are over here

Corvettes are plentiful aswell, c5s are getting really affordable, i might try one to see how it feels.
Johann  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This new 'vette looks really good! Unfortunately after the Dutch government is done adding taxes and emmisions charges it will be well over 100k Euro
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johann wrote:
This new 'vette looks really good! Unfortunately after the Dutch government is done adding taxes and emmisions charges it will be well over 100k Euro

Will be same in UK. Especially as it will be sucking in enough gas per mile to power a third world county for a month.

My mate ordered the Ford Mustang Bullit edition. They removed all the must have options and then charged a big premium compared to the US. Cancelled his order pronto.
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
Especially as it will be sucking in enough gas per mile to power a third world county for a month.

Yeah it's a shame the Corvette has always consumed so much more fuel, compared to its' fuel-sipping counterparts from the UK & Europe...
Paul  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chart from link above:

Polar Silver 02 996TT. "Turbo"
Owned and repaired 924s since 1977
Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: