Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toast54  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: 924S Reply with quote

I'm looking at selling my 924S and have set a price of $1800. I'm really hoping to avoid CL and Letgo.I'll start with the list of pros and cons
Purchased through an online auction, it carries an OK rebuilt title. It starts, runs and drives, has functioning AC (I have freeze 12 to go along with it). Tires and brakes are good. I've put appx 7000 miles on it in 6 years. Ive replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, "S" hose from tank, AOS o-rings, plugs, wires, ignition switch and just recently, the clutch slave cylinder. I've also replaced other items.....the computer, fuel pump relay..eventually I was seriously thinking about auto-crossing it and even attended a few events to get a feel for it, but I've also had cardiovascular surgery, so I won't be doing any fun schtuffens for a while

Now, for the not-so-good
WW washer tank leaks.. I have a baggie in it
Goofed up the headlight hi-lo switch when I replaced the ignition switch
Obvious body damage, 3-4 different shades of red paint, and now the clear coat is peeling. I had planned on getting the body work done, but it hasn't worked out. Passenger door handle broke, window motor isn't working. Various seals leak, one of which allows rainwater in the rear passenger floorboard in a heavy rain. I do have a cover.. O'reilly starter seems to drag when its cold. Hatch can be difficult to raise, but with wiggling, it will release. Seams are splitting on the drivers seat. Car has been tagged a couple of times in front of my house, so I had to replace the drivers side fender. Hatch glass is separating

I don't know how to embed photos, but I have some.If anyone is interested in looking it over, I'll send them. The car is in OKC

I'll never get what I put into it, but I'm allowing for the fun factor depreciation. It is a blast to drive!

Toast54

Last edited by toast54 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:58 am; edited 4 times in total
16again2009  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four 1987 924S have recently sold on Bring a trailer. They went from $4000.00 to $6555.00.
Jay Wellwood  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links no worky

A couple of Audi's and a few Porsche's
toast54  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I clicked on the links yesterday..nothing
Today, they seem to work. If someone tries the links and they don't work, please let me know the error message rec'd and I'll look into it with my pooter guru here
Jay Wellwood  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"c296b910-61ea-11e9-c000-6ba8a8b34e64"}}

A couple of Audi's and a few Porsche's
moldschool  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering if you sold the car... thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: