Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

My 924 Turbo, engine work and new suspension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good! Love that you can to go there too so easily
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike9311 wrote:
Looks really good! Love that you can to go there too so easily

Two long days of car travel, or fly down, not that bad. Its gets quite expensive for a weekend there though, but im glad its possible with reasonable effort, the track and the ambiance around it is something impossible to find anywhere else in the world. What scares me the most though is the bill you get if you smash the barriers, it can be absolutely massive, several thousand of $. Which kind of is a little bit of a bigger factor when you have a family etc Ive been there a couple of times and i will be back again, definitely.
Mike9311  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, didn't think about that that bill possibility. Still very cool

Martijnus, did crash there if I remember correctly
1979 924 NA ohne 650 mit 471
1982 931 Red Resurrection - 951 IC
1982 931 parts car / resurrection?
1980 924 NA (R&D lightweight)
1982 931 wana-be GTR race car
safe  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike9311 wrote:
Wow, didn't think about that that bill possibility. Still very cool

Martijnus, did crash there if I remember correctly

BASE FEE FOR ATTENDANCE OF ARMCO TRUCK – €150
REMOVING DAMAGED ARMCO – €10/METRE (X2 OR X3 OR X4 FOR MULTIPLE-HEIGHT SECTIONS)
REPLACEMENT ARMCO – €31/METRE (X2 OR X3 FOR DOUBLE/TRIPLE HEIGHT)
REMOVING DAMAGED ARMCO POSTS – €5.10 EACH
REPLACING ARMCO POST – €39 EACH
SAFETY CAR ATTENDANCE – €82 PER 30 MINS (CAR AND TWO PEOPLE)
CIRCUIT CLOSURE FROM – €1,350 PER HOUR
RECOVERY TRUCK FROM – €600 (INC VAT)

They replace the armco even if you just scratched the paint...
Cedric  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very little happening here, ive been working with the garage this winter, painting the walls/roof, put up some nice led lights, and then put plaster/mortar on the wall which was hell of a jobb to do.

I slowly started doing some small stuff on the car, started out by trying to fix the wiring for the oil pressure guage. Changed out the plug to a modern one (i know, it doesnt look period correct), at least its stable and oil pressure is not dependant on plug orientation, earlier when the guages all died in hard turns.

However between 3-5 bar its still all over the place, but at cold starts it shows stable values at 6-7 bars. Sender is new, but it changed nothing. I have another guage on the way to try out, i hope it solves the problem. Would be nice to finally have a pressure gauge which is remotely trustable.

I halso started connecting up my LM2 wideband logger to get some data when the car is out. Theres still snow here so now fun driving yet

The boost guage is now changed to a VDO one, fits the car much better and is hopefully something i can trust when i start boosting for real.

Shurick  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
The boost guage is now changed to a VDO one, fits the car much better and is hopefully something i can trust when i start boosting for real.

Do you have a p/n for boost gauge?
https://www.instagram.com/ru_pacecar/
Cedric  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shurick wrote:
Cédric wrote:

Do you have a p/n for boost gauge?

Not sure about the pn, just bought one from ebay, you will find it if you search. I didn't get the light bulb holder, which sucked, forgot to check that, assumed it was included.
It does take up some space though, since the rear boost connection is a bit big, can be good to know.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built myself a little box for driving 5v sensors, seems to work well. hopefully I can get it out this weekend for a first run this season, weather looks like it could work. I also tried out my ol BBS wheels i had in storage, can be nice with some more performance oriented tyres (ancient studded wwinter tyres on them) and some paint.

Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend it was finally spring and dry roads, so i had my season premiere and had a day on twisty country roads with a friend and his renault 5 (honda k20 swapped). We both had some logging work to do and also really wanted to drive after so many months without. As normally you always forget how fun the car is, and how well it goes on boost

I had some issues with the logging and a very noisy boost signal, i have to redo some wiring to get try to minimize interference.

Anyway, as i already had assumed it runs really rich. The AFRs are stable and are the shape of the map looks good. But about 1 point more fuel than i would want, about 11,5 is the target. IF this was my chosen boost level i would most likely tap my wur or bleed wur signal air to limit boost enrichment. But now i will first raise boost to 1 bar and see how it runs there first before i decide on what to do next. But the car works well and is so much fun to drive!

When you are into it its easy to get carried away, sometimes you realize winding out 4th on a twisty road is quite interesting

Never mind the line at 1.887 bar, its only noise from the floppy boost signal. Tmax was around slightly over 1.7 as expected.
[URL=http://forumbilder.se/I4R11/afr2[/URL]

Boost and RPM, of course depending on gear etc, but gives a general view. Its a long logg, hence alot of data points.

Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:

Is that a GTE?

I've been looking for a nice one in blue, that was my first car in 1994!!
Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a gte, or at least started out like one. It first got a 1.7 volvo turbo engine, and then this Honda k20 engine, which really is perfect for this kind of car, but a pretty big job to do(its also officially registered with it now) . Finding a nice GTE is almost impossible as you know, they all been crashed by now.

The old small cars really are fun to drive, the weight is so low!
safe  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
they all been crashed by now.

Hmm, yes. Mine lasted 2 years... before being replaced...
Nice and light. just above 800kg if I remember correctly.

Cédric wrote:
It is a gte, or at least started out like one. It first got a 1.7 volvo turbo engine, and then this Honda k20 engine

Been thinking that a K24 would be fun in a 924... If you could get it to mate up with the torque tube and a strong gearbox.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe wrote:
Cédric wrote:
they all been crashed by now.

Hmm, yes. Mine lasted 2 years... before being replaced...
Nice and light. just above 800kg if I remember correctly.

Cédric wrote:
It is a gte, or at least started out like one. It first got a 1.7 volvo turbo engine, and then this Honda k20 engine

Been thinking that a K24 would be fun in a 924... If you could get it to mate up with the torque tube and a strong gearbox.

Yeah, ah K24 with k20 head would be geat, little lower rpms but more torque. Still much revier than the std one, the noise when the Vtec kicks in is something special

His car is a bit faster than mine, i hope to sort that out with more boost
Cedric  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been a bit fed up with the car for the last weeks, had to do multiple flushes to get my failed coolant mix out. And the chasing electrical gremlins, which i thought i finished up. Some earth connectors had popped lose under the dash (these type of connectors are junk, to bad the whole electrical system in these car/this era is full of them).

Anyway I went for a ride this weekend since it was easter and there were some days off. I have mounted the boost controller, and I just set it by feel and it happend to result in 1 bar, might have to turn it down a tad before i get everything sorted:)

I had some serious issues though. I got some severe misfires when i accelerated(tach died and engine aswell, then restarted), so bad the car actually shut one time of and didnt want to restart. I went under the dash and fiddle with the connectors and suddenly it started again. Not exactly confidence building, Ill se what i can find out, but its not a fun thin to work with. I swapped out the ignition amplifier for a new one since its so cheap. The one on there is probably 30 years old and picked from an old volvo 740 when i had similar issues over 10 years ago.

I couldnt wring it out, i had some flickers on the knock light (canot conclude it wasnt related to erratic ignition) so I had to let of about 4k, and also the misfire, so I had to limp back home.

On the good side there seems to be plenty of fuel available, will see how it is towards the end of the RPM range, but I will most likely need to limit the boost enrichment to back it down from low tens to 11.5 ish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: