Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Front wing removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbie924  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Front wing removal Reply with quote

I am dismantling a 924 body and , after unbolting all the upper bolts , the 3 underside bolts reach from behind the front spoiler area , a bolt found in the head lamp space and another bolt holding the fender to the bottom sill, the fenders are still hard to remove. Are there any bolts holding the fenders to the body on the door sills by any chance since this is the only area that cant be seen or reached unless the doors are removed.
dubrict  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like you got them all. All the way back deep inside there are 3 bolts attaching the fender to the body right at the door. Their heads are accessible from inside the fender, not the door. Are you sure you got all of those? They're buried in what I like to call "roofing tar" if they've never been removed before, and can be very hard to find.

Likewise, if they've never been removed before, then that roofing tar also has some serious holding power of its own.
newbie924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have unbolted the 3 bolts you mention, but the fender is being held by something holding it at the rear end of it. I thought maybe I had to remove the door which I still have to anyway cause they are needed for my project car. I will try to look or feel for these bolts, Im sure they have undersealing covering them too as the car was well undersealed.
snakoil  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my 1979 there was this sort of lue/caulking that had dried up with time and made it very hard to remove.
once I had removed all the bolts I had to use an exacto blade to "cut" the caulking and use a flat head screwdriver to pry it apart.

Also note that my car had no inner fenders so instead the entire area was sprayed with some heavy asphalt bed linner material that was very hard to remove. this was also holding back the fender in place
newbie924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just needed to unbolt the rear 3 bolts mentioned. Now I need to remove it carefully. Thanks/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: