Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

FS in Alberta Canada 944 turbo race car project 90 per done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: FS in Alberta Canada 944 turbo race car project 90 per done Reply with quote

$9000 CDN obo
Project is 90 percent done. This project needs some finishing touches, most of the heavy lifting is done. Designed around a driver 5'8''-6'1''.
-Full multipoint roll cage with removable nets
-Racing seats & harnesses
-Sparco "flip up" steering wheel
-All lights & even A/C retained for street driving.
-Lowered suspension with new Bilstein HD Strut inserts
-Rebuilt ported head with ported intake manifold & 65mm throttle body.

-Brake calipers rebuilt and system bled. New pads f&r.

-Forged pistons & rods. New rod bearings.
-Newer clutch & clutch components.
-Newer rear main seal.

-Diff is a oem LSD "S" transaxle

At this moment the cars doesn't run. I lost momentum with it before completing the wiring, and need to take a break from the garage. My loss is your gain. This car is capable of producing 300+ hp and handles like a dream. Note: this car is built for driving hard, it's not a show queen and as such there are imperfections in the body but it's rust free.

Location: Okotoks, Alberta, Canada. Contact: Noah 403 613 0337

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: NOT FOR SALE, CHANGED MIND Reply with quote

I'm back in. No longer FS. I'll keep the dream alive & see it through. It'll be my reminder never to indulge in a project like this ever again. And at the same time probably become the greatest vehicular driving experience I'll ever have.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FS in Alberta Canada 944 turbo race car project 90 per d Reply with quote

Noahs944 wrote:

At this moment the cars doesn't run. I lost momentum with it before completing the wiring, and need to take a break from the garage.

Then just forget about it for a while.. Go work on something else..

I love my Porsche but I can't stand to work on only it all the time..

Like right now, I'm taking a little break... The darn things runs again, moves under it's own power, the mods work, tuned up to stock boost ok..
That was a stupid amount of work, but success..

I took a pretty good break from it before the wiring too.. Think the fuel lines did me for a bit too..

You don't have to do it all at once, just make sure it is sitting in a safe place..

You are still decently young right? Don't touch it for 6 months, maybe a year.. Why not?

Then on day you will walk by it, run your hand down the sexy fender, open it and consume that smell, want to hear it, feel it run, an all of a sudden you will be on another Porsche bender, late nights in the shop and making crazy stuff.. And you won't be able to help yourself but to put long hour days into it while you neglect everything else.. Like crack, so I'm told..

Just because you are disgusted with working on it right now doesn't mean you wont want to after a hiatus..

Find something else to work on, a different hobby..

I have switched over to working on my vintage RV right now.. My feeling with it now is, You know, when you get far enough into your plan where it finally clicks that it is going to work and is going to be worth it.. When you get that extra motivation to make things super right because your not in the "This might just be a waste of time" stage crossing into the "this was worth the effort!" stage..
Lately I have been doing bodywork.. It is sheet aluminum on aluminum frame and aluminum everything so everything is pop rivets.. I'm not a super experienced pop rivet guy..
It's pretty cool and I've replaced a bunch of loose rivets, done a bit of hammer work, rebuilt and re-rivited stuff... Making the body right.. Cool, something new..
The thing is like an entire property on wheels though so it in itself is as any projects as all my other projects, almost..

Soon I have to tidy up the X5 for winter duty.. It's not MY baby so I'm not always too enthused about working on it.. But I take the trash out with it every week (utility vehicle?) and the longer I am away from it the more I appreciate how smooth and quiet it is, how new it is, how it smells, the off the line torque and sporty AWD setup..
It makes me like it again, coming back to it after time..

The M3 needs some touch ups for next season but I'm running it like it is until it goes down for the winter this fall.. I need to monkey with the front sway bar, sunroof, bumper mounts, fog ligts, vanos actuator, amp wires, prolly new head unit, switch to the type 24 wheels, interior detailing, guibo..

Bunch of M3 crap to mess with but I've had my fill of it for a while..
You just get used to one thing after a while and it gets boring..

The dead of Winter is crypto season for me so I'll probably get into that hobby and have enough of it by time it's getting warm enough to work in the shop..

By then, when the weather starts to break, I guess we will see if I want to go work on the 931 or the m3.. Though the m3 is the realistic car to have on the road for duty..

My mom just picked up a vintage sewing machine that is such a cool machine it's stealing my heart so I might get into that for a bit.. Something new.. Change it up..
Maybe I will convince myself I can make Porsche seat skins..

Alwas collect parts for them all the time and then when you get around to them you wil have parts to work with and won't have to shell out for the expensive option because you "need it now"..
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Then on day you will walk by it, run your hand down the sexy fender, open it and consume that smell, want to hear it, feel it run, an all of a sudden you will be on another Porsche bender, late nights in the shop and making crazy stuff.. And you won't be able to help yourself but to put long hour days into it while you neglect everything else.. Like crack, so I'm told.. "

-lovely passage mate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: