Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Fuel Distributor Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D_Rink  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Fuel Distributor Problems Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with getting fuel to the engine. the injectors work fine, the fuel pump works, and the piston on the fuel distributor works. Whenever I try to start the car, gas just oozes out of the fuel lines coming from the distributor. I'm assuming I have a fuel distributor issue, as I have ruled out the fuel pump and the injectors. Do I have to buy/rebuild my fuel distributor?
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does it ooz out exactly? Like a leak or out of the injectors?

If you are talking about it oozing out the injectors with the airplate at rest your AFR screw is probably set too rich.. Like if you tried setting it with a terrible vacuum leak..

If you are cranking and moving the airplate, then the injectors should spray a bit.. With the airplate at rest the injectors should not spray or leak..

Put the injectors in bottles, on the lines, jump the fuel pump power on, turn the AFR screw left until the injectors stop spraying with the plate at rest, if they are..
If they aren't, turn it right until they do spray and then back until they don't for a base setting...

Check to make sure they all spray about the same and all stop at the same time when you quit pushing the plate..

If that gets you running then get a dwell meter to tune your AFR screw to spec..

Those are some basics but I'm not sure what your problem is by your post..
Being much more specific and describing details in your posts would be much more helpful..

Include pictures and videos of what you are talking about if you can't explain yourself well due to terminology..
D_Rink  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Follow up with fuel issues Reply with quote

I prepared to document how the injectors were spraying with a set of Mason jars today and when I checked how they worked, they were all spraying perfectly. I was surprised because the injectors kind of just dribbled two days ago.

The car started up and idled for the first time in 2 years, so I was really happy about that. I was even able to drive it up and down the street. The engine idles at around 1100-1200 rpm, so I have to get that figured out.

I've tried to attach a photo and a video of what I'm working with. The fuel distributor was leaking a bit, so I think I'm going to replace the crush rings. If you have any tips on getting the idling at the right rpm, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks and sorry for the poor description!

https://loyolauniversitychicago-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/drink_luc_edu/ETVJAhT3hedPoCCo-Jf5NAwBe3tNbEoYJasHJTRNHHtc-g?e=WcY4DV

https://loyolauniversitychicago-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/drink_luc_edu/EU0Ubuo8B3tCsnsj-Jw8IkUB6IxyMeDA_2vdK3zuNbDtMQ?e=Kuvm2Y
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Follow up with fuel issues Reply with quote

D_Rink wrote:
I prepared to document how the injectors were spraying with a set of Mason jars today and when I checked how they worked, they were all spraying perfectly. I was surprised because the injectors kind of just dribbled two days ago.

The car started up and idled for the first time in 2 years, so I was really happy about that. I was even able to drive it up and down the street. The engine idles at around 1100-1200 rpm, so I have to get that figured out.

I've tried to attach a photo and a video of what I'm working with. The fuel distributor was leaking a bit, so I think I'm going to replace the crush rings. If you have any tips on getting the idling at the right rpm, I'm open for suggestions. Thanks and sorry for the poor description!

https://loyolauniversitychicago-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/drink_luc_edu/ETVJAhT3hedPoCCo-Jf5NAwBe3tNbEoYJasHJTRNHHtc-g?e=WcY4DV

https://loyolauniversitychicago-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/drink_luc_edu/EU0Ubuo8B3tCsnsj-Jw8IkUB6IxyMeDA_2vdK3zuNbDtMQ?e=Kuvm2Y

Some fresh gas sitting in your injectors, and system a a whole, may have cleaned it up..
Put Techron fuel system cleaner in your tank.. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chevron-Techron-Concentrate-Plus-10-oz/16647989

The idle adjustment screw is that screw on the side of the throttle body facing toward the hood latch, pointing toward the nose of the car..

Left high-right low

A high idle is a sign of a vacuum leak so check your hoses thoroughly.. Replace any vacuum side lines that are the old cloth braided ones, because they are probably crazy looking inside..

If you want to make sure it is properly right you have to do a CIS pressure test as described in the hanes manual, and check your ignition timing..

Adjust your valvelash eventually..

As far as the leak, try just loosening them and tightening them again, inspect the sealing surfaces for damage and cleanliness if that doesn't fix it..
I've never had a problem with mine and have had them off countless times..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: