Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Where can I find a fiberglass hatch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacobscott209  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't I need new wheels for euro fenders? So they wouldn't look recessed.
J1NX3D  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
US fenders and 944 spoiler does stick out too far for the narrow body.

jacobscott209 wrote:
wouldn't I need new wheels for euro fenders? So they wouldn't look recessed.

i think he means US bumpers stick out too far for the narrow body.
jbwheele  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Hi Guys n Gals new 932 owner Reply with quote

I have a 932 RHD (NZ), I am toying with the Idea of trying to make my own Plexiglass/lexan rear hatch , I have made the carrera light covers but just need to find someone with an oven big enough to soften a sheet that sits atop the original (with Spoiler removed !)

I have taken about 1cm off my euro bumpers so they sit in even closer It will look much better, just cut the sticky out bits off the ends of the euro mounts and then reweld the split bits (if you go too far), then redrill the bolt access holes in the bumper further out, I have also thinned the bumper fiberglass to reduce its weight, a bit overkill but I was Bored one day and what else do you do on a windy day with an angle grinder a drill and some spare time.

Im also thinking of making a FGlass bonnet as well...
Andrew NZ  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Guys n Gals new 932 owner Reply with quote

jbwheele wrote:
I have a 932 RHD (NZ), I am toying with the Idea of trying to make my own Plexiglass/lexan rear hatch , I have made the carrera light covers but just need to find someone with an oven big enough to soften a sheet that sits atop the original (with Spoiler removed !)

You might have a few issues getting a WOF unless you have a motorsport authority card. I did the same thing with a heat gun. It lasted a few years before it started cracking, and was really a waste of time and money (MR10 lexan is NZ$600 a sheet!)

You can get fibreglass bonnets (and lightweight bumpers) from Paul at Autobahn in Levin.
www.race4-dcup.co.nz
Rattlinbone  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta say, the more I look at that Strosek hatch, the more I like it.
SoyRacer  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject: hatch Reply with quote

jacobscott209 wrote:
Like this one?

but seriously - where can i find this vented hatch?
v8carreragts  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reset the glass in my rear hatch. It is time consuming but completely doable.
All of the outer trim pieces come off. (push off from the glass out) Then you need to carefully cut the glass out of the frame. I used an old paring knife. You need to be careful because the aluminum frame is very easy to bend. Then clean all of the old adhesive from the glass and the frame. I mounted the frame back onto the car for re-setting the glass. I used #m 08682 single stage Urethane primer then 08693 urethane auto glass adhesive. It is just like re-setting a windshield. After the adhesive is dry you push the trim back on and if you have a spoiler, you bolt that back on.
I did this in December of 2014 and it hasn't shown any evidence of coming apart.
2013 Chevy Cruze
v8carreragts  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reset the glass in my rear hatch. It is time consuming but completely doable.
All of the outer trim pieces come off. (push off from the glass out) Then you need to carefully cut the glass out of the frame. I used an old paring knife. You need to be careful because the aluminum frame is very easy to bend. Then clean all of the old adhesive from the glass and the frame. I mounted the frame back onto the car for re-setting the glass. I used #m 08682 single stage Urethane primer then 08693 urethane auto glass adhesive. It is just like re-setting a windshield. After the adhesive is dry you push the trim back on and if you have a spoiler, you bolt that back on.
I did this in December of 2014 and it hasn't shown any evidence of coming apart.
2013 Chevy Cruze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: