Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Guide rod re attachment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilracerdude  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Guide rod re attachment Reply with quote

Hello all, my guide rod ball socket detached from the ball on my tourque tube and I have no idea on how to re connect it. This has locked my shifter and the car is immobile under it's own power. How do I go about re attaching the ball socket to the ball. Thanks -john
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you push it hard enough it will pop back in...but it has two bolts holding that socket to the torque tube.
Lilracerdude  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="morghen"]If you push it hard enough it will pop back in...but it has two bolts holding that socket to the torque tube.[/quote]

The problem is the socket on the guide rod is pushed behind the ball and it's not easy to access at all. Would I have to take the transaxle out of the car?
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not, can you take a picture of the problem?
Lilracerdude  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to take the shifter out and twist the socket up and over and then it just popped on by itself. The problem is I think I broke something with the ball socket because it moves like a quarter of an inch. Which i can live with I was going down the path of selling it anyway so I'm going to make it as good as can be for sale and not invest to much. I also saw that the parts I need will have to be ripped off a car because they are un touchable NOS and i dont really want to use used ones again. This was my first porsche and I want and need a more practical car for the mean time, if I was 10 years older I would keep it. Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: