Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Stage Next...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuel lines & system looking real sharp FE!
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It runs..
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put a battery to it the first thing I did was turn my headlights on and off a good 10 times smiling at the absence of any crashing noises..

I'm a bit speechless about it, sensory overload, but a deep gratification..

I'm just WOW.. It works and work amazingly well..
It will idle at like 300 RPM.. I was worried that it would have a hard time giving just a small bit of fuel to idle but no, it doesn't care.

Throttle responce blows my mind. It will brapp braap braapp rev as lively as ever. No hesitation.
The massive airplate bounces with a flip of the throttle so fast you would think they were quantumly entangled or some shit..

I haven't put a load on the engine yet but it seems to run great..

I lost the fuel pump power circuit so will have to use a switch until I can do it the megasquirt way, when I am ready to run the ecu all the time..

I really buttoned it up good before trying to start it, crossed Ts and dotted the Is, so I don't have much engine work to do now.. It's perty gerd..

I guess what I will work on next is the power distribution setup for all my gizmos.. Relays and fuse blocks and such.. Get some good power accesorie and ground going right and probably get the wide band setup first and see how flat (or not flat) of an AFR it gives with no electronic intervention..

then I'll probably get the ECU on there and I think it need atleast a tach signal first for it to start powering a fuel pump circuit correctly..

One thing I haven't figured out yet is where and how to get the tack signal from the stock 931 s1 ignition to the MS..

Anybody know where to find what wire to use as my tack signal? That's a tough one for me..
It has to be behind the tack and behind the FPR but is that the "tack signal" I need?
I think I would like to tap into it somewhere near the coil if I can..

Then just keep connecting wires to where they go one at a time and I'll eventually run out of them to do..

Crap, I have to make an aribox too I almost forgot..
Making things is cool yeah but you get enough of it after a while..
Make a cool airbox someday sure sounds fun but HAVE to make an airbox before any test rides, UGH.. I haven't even rounded up a suitable sheet of metal yet, the baking pans are a bit too thin..

Uncle/neighbor just got a brand new mig with gas that will be perfect for doing that sheet metal..
I'll just have to tell him "I bet you can't weld something that thin" and this will for sure give me his A game and get me a free pro weld job..

I'll see what I can't do to post some proof tomorrow so you know I'm not just pulling your leg..
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, needs video!
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIDEO
https://youtu.be/6nCD6Q4SnXc

Gotta back that timing belt tension back off a bit

Last edited by Fasteddie313 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see that you are up and running again! That exhaust sounds way more than mine, is it straight through?

Im just some oil coller lines away from a first start up, hopefully it will work fine

Cant the ms run rpm from the coil directly?
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
Great to see that you are up and running again! That exhaust sounds way more than mine, is it straight through?

Im just some oil coller lines away from a first start up, hopefully it will work fine

Cant the ms run rpm from the coil directly?

The exhaust has no cat or muffler, but a big resonater (maybe a gutted cat) in the middle where the WG dump goes in..
I think its stock + a straightpipe catback (that still needs cut shorter)..

I hope the exhaust sounded good.. I havent even really watched back the video in great detail yet..
It is hard for me to hear the exhaust without a hood to hide the engine noise behind.. Maybe I should try it with the actual throttle pedal, test the linkage for the first time..

Good luck on your car and hope you get it firing soon too

The MS can supposedly take over all of my ignition but I want to take it slow and do one thing at a time.. That last project was a doozey..
Meaning I am going to run my stock ignition for a while until I get the MS controlling the fuel and stuff like my idle control valve, electronic boost control, stuff before I attack re engineering my ignition system too..

I want to tackle smaller projects and keep the car running for the most part..
morghen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems very responsive indeed, congrats!
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool have you hooked up an AFR gauge yet ?
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch924-racer wrote:
Very cool have you hooked up an AFR gauge yet ?

No but soon, I just made it run as good as I could with what I could manipulate.. It's installed, it just needs 12v and ground really..

Now I have to make this thing..

I'm going to start by making everything you see from the battery to the fuse box.. Then hook up my power and ground for everything, including the WB, and the tack signal so the MS will give me a safety fuel pump circuit and it will start by the key like a normal car..

That is my next small goal..
Small goals for now..
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, use microsquirt to read coolant and charge temp, MAP and TPS then based on that output the required voltage for the e-cis to lean or enrich the mixture.

Cool !
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
So, use microsquirt to read coolant and charge temp, MAP and TPS then based on that output the required voltage for the e-cis to lean or enrich the mixture.

Cool !

Right..
It should do everything exactly the same way as EFI but instead of firing injectors it uses the normal injector outputs to fire a small voltage signal, -60ma to +60ma I think, which can take the fuel distributor to complete fuel cut or to almost full blast at any plate position..

I think it is supposed to be able to do a fuel cut rev limiter, flat foot shifting, antilag, all sorts..

Has anyone ever seen a CIS car with antilag?
I don't think it would be much good to me other than an incredible show off feature.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got that done and am running through the MS. Fuel pump circuit atleast..

AFRs are stable but not usable, before any tuning..
Idle and just off idle is super rich..
Figure an 11.5 idle gives 15s ish with any load or hold above 2k..
An idle in the 10s gets everything else into the 14s..
Once you get to moving a bit of air it gives pretty flat AFRs.

It won't idle for crap above about 12.. I think the injectors don't come on very even until you get the metering slits open that much, after extensive injector testing..
Injectors are pretty even after you get them flowing just a little..
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Increase the overall pressure to get the injectors into their correct operating pressure range?

But then you'll be back to richer conditions....I think the metering head flow is a bit too much for the 2L.

Get it to idle at 1100RPM and keep a decent AFR there, you will probably not be able to get it to idle at 900 RPM and keep decent AFRs due to the fact that the whole system is sized to flow more fuel and more air even at idle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 5 of 27

Jump to: