Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in that link there is a couple of pics of the car when we got it. looks really nice but the engine and trans were gone. motor had a huge hole in the side of the block size of a softball.
Eric P  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click "Share" at the top and then select "Hotlink for forums" from the drop down menu, you can copy and paste the codes for the photos into your post. Like this:

By the way, that rear axle is insane! I'll bet you get lots of looks going down the road!
Kenodog  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it wearing a knapsack.....lol

jk, awesome car man.

Leah
1996 Ford E-350 ex-FedEx Van
2014 Mazda CX-5 (Kinderwagon)
2019 KTM 790 Adventure
2024 KLX300
2024 KLX140
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Knapsack Reply with quote

Lol yes sir .I guess in case I need to cover the car up with it.lol I had the guy installing the framework for it and instead if bolting it on like instructed. He used pop rivets.and then drilled 4 to many holes and then he expected to be paid the 100 bucks.lol nope didn't happen.
peterld  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a knapsack on the back....that's diapers for any poor unsuspecting passenger!

Seriously, you....drive...that...on....the....road!!!!!!!
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely we do.its not a beast at all.lol my says it's a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Its only a 355 sbc stroker with a decent cam and to much carb for now but it will all change very soon as soon as the new motor is done.we aren't going crazy like we usually do with these but its a big bigger with a tad more power.
409 block
All roller
For durability we have had it all shot peened and magnafluxed to find any cracks in the block and heads.
Just trying to keep it running longer.
If we want to fast we her out the nova..its a full on drag car.
So yes we drive the Porsche a lot.and yes indeed its a rush when you hammer it .the big meats in back do throw off a bit of tire smoke.
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterld wrote:
Seriously, you....drive...that...on....the....road!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: On the street Reply with quote

Yes indeed we do.I'm getting it ready as we speak for its 1st show in 2 weeks.
Been having trouble with the remote radiator fill neck on the intake but I got the new top plate today and it will be fixed tomorrow.
This car starts really quick and only takes a min.or two to warm up enough to go.I'm putting the wheelie bars back on this Thursday when it warms up some
In the low 50,s here.
Just need to detail the engine back up and polish up the tins I made to go around the engine compartment.
But it's pretty much ready to go.
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: 924 stuff Reply with quote

had the car out a couple times and its running quite well with the new engine.
only issues so far is the trans lines to the cooler up front is seeping some so new AN fitting are going in this weekend and its been running warm.
so I ordered a new aluim. radiator and its here now so its going in as well. make some new brackets and see if it helps.
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Finally got a new dual core aluminum radiator for the car and the headlight motor came as well.nowhopefullyi canget the parts in and cure some issues.its been over heating and the headlights don't work
.the old motor was junk.also discovered a trans fluid leak.I ordered all new high pressure braided stainless lines with 6n fittings.
Tookthe car down to the magic dragon car show at Bagnell dam at the lake of the Ozarks.approx.a thousand custom and all diff.kinds of vehicles from mild to crazy. I was the ONLY Porsche hot rod.a few stock boxster s with some stick on chrome stuff on them.was a good time
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: my 77 924 pro street taken in Florida Reply with quote

I thought I was doing a deal on my car for another car plus cash my way to a guy in Myrtle beach Fl. we met in Nashville to check out the cars.i arrived aftet they did by a short time . while just started talking to him his 2 sons took both cars off the trailers and put my Porsche on his and they strapped it down. he said he had to go into the truck stop place we met at to use the restroom. he walked by my truck and he tossed in a envelope on my seat. next thing I know his boys are driving off with the Porsche and he runs out and jumps in his truck and they haul ass. I went back to my truck and called him and no answer of course. I to this day have not spoke to him. refuses all contact. I checked that envelope and expecting the 5k and title I got the title only. he stiffed me the 5 k. he has a copy of my title not the original. I loaded up the car he left and stated back to Kansas. I did 1200 mile is 20 hrs and was pissed. I called the troopers in all states concerned and reported it stolen. I saw he listed it for sale for 3 days in Myrtle beach craigs list for 18.500 then for 17.500 and I tried calling the number and left msg after msg. I filed a lien on it here and its reported as stolen. his car is in storage and my atty. is filing on him this Monday. if you come across this car let me know or call me.Jim 913 226 0635.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus...
fedcourtdawg  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my same remark after it happened.I,m a retired fed officer to and to think I let myself get taken like this.its in the legal hands now.
Was just trying to let my fellow Porsche people know that its a bad deal if anyone buy a it and then loses it back.the seems to make a habit of ripping off folks.spoke to a sheriffs deputy there and they are his words very well aware of who thus guy is and that they will keep a eye open for my car
peterld  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: