Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Weissach it to me
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian19600  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one!
jacobroufa  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intentions for 2018:

* Rear shocks and front strut inserts all need replaced
* Front strut tower bushes while I'm at it
* Rear wheel cylinders (both are weeping slightly as of when I changed the brakes last year) and brake hoses all around while the system is emptied for the cylinders.
* Install the plugs/wires/cap that I picked up at the end of last year
* Hatch seal (mine is falling apart)
* Steering wheel -- probably going with a Momo

At some point I should probably find a new radiator and early coolant expansion tank that is not cracked at the dimple. I need to also replace the speedo gear per earlier in this thread. I would also like to clean out the injectors and replace any if needed. After I did the fuel filter last year there was still some hesitation. If it is still there after I update the plugs/wires/cap I will probably do this.

Basically now I just have to wait until after Tuesday to find out how big my tax bill is going to be this year, in order to budget all this stuff. I still have lots to do on my '71 Westfalia as well, so that might take higher priority than the 924 yet again. TBD!

Dan, when are you going to be out of winter hibernation and starting 924 Fridays again this year?
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: 1981 924 Reply with quote

Thanks for the posting. Your 924 looks identical to mine. I have a 1981 924 that I have been rebuilding. Been working on it for about 2 years. Many, many issues to be solved. Mine has the same wheels even. I have gotten it running now and am working on the interior. Mine was torn up pretty bad so had to recover door cards, rebuild one seat cover, clean, clean and more cleaning. I am now recovering my dash. I did it once and it was not happy so am about to have an upholstery shop do the recover. Got the material for seats, door cards and dash from ebay. They have a very good match for the tan. on the seat centers and the door cards.

MY carpet was also faded and was faded to green. I tried re-dying but could not get it to set. I found that using steam did set the dye but a real pain to do. The carpet had some worn spots so I found the Home
Depot has a carpet that is almost a match to the one in the car. I can send you pn from home depot if you are interested.

I do have a spare steering wheel and also a passenger door window motor. I will have to check that but I think it is for the right side. If interested PM and I will check it out. I have some other parts.

I found a source for used 924 parts that is in New Hampshire. Prices are pretty good. I found them on ebay. If interested let me know and I will sent to you.

I have yet to drive mine. Maybe this summer I will get it on the road. Almost done. Glad you enjoy your car. That gives me hope.
Ted
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Extra comment Reply with quote

I pulled my dash and instrument cluster. Cluster is easy, two screws at top of opening. Remove and pull the cluster out and disconnect. Been about a year since I did this but I think that was all I needed to do. Removing the dash is not too hard either.
Ted
ted von Kampen  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: More notes on 924 Reply with quote

I pulled my dash and instrument cluster. Cluster is easy, two screws at top of opening. Remove and pull the cluster out and disconnect. Been about a year since I did this but I think that was all I needed to do. Removing the dash is not too hard either.
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: