Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

headlight pivot arm mounting bracket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
procyon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: headlight pivot arm mounting bracket Reply with quote

I have a problem:
I removed one of the two bolts that hold the headlight pivot arm bracket to the frame rail. ( So that I could put a wire guide for some auxiliary lights) When the bolt was unscrewed, the nut inside the frame rail fell somewhere.
There doesn't seem to be any way into that frame rail, no holes or anything helpful.
Would removing the front bumper be at all helpful? There seems to be a gap in the front of the frame rail that might go to the back of the hole I need a nut on . I don't want to start down some wild goose chase if there is an easier way.
2021 Maxda CX-30
Ian89C4  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you remove the bumper shocks after you pull bumper off you may have access to that part of the frame rail. I don't think you can get a hand in there though...

Good luck!

Current:
1981 924 SCCA/ChampCar Weissach Race Car ("Serenity")
1987 924S ChampCar Endurance Car ("Der Weg")
1980 924 Euro ("Wahala")
procyon  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update:
Removing the front bumper was no help at all. Inside the frame rail there is a mount for the rear of the bumper shock.
There is a hole in the bottom of the frame rail that allowed me to get a magnet taped to a piece of copper wire and retrieve the dropped nut.
This nut is rectangular and will fit back into the frame rail from the top side. I dropped it back in place with a thread looped around it and positioned the nut using a wooden skewer. Problem solved.

Since the bumper was off, I removed the shocks, drilled them and then compressed them. That really improved the look of the North America 5 mph bumper. The only down side is that I have no place for my coffee or extra tools now that I compressed that front "shelf" they called a bumper.
2021 Maxda CX-30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: