Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

how to put door card back properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakoil  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: how to put door card back properly Reply with quote

Hi Guys, it's not the first time I remove and reinstall my door cards and usually this is a 1 minute job.

However recently I noticed for the first time the metal brackets attached to the middle door puller portion of the door.
I believe this metal bracket is intended to fit in the hole in the metal door to provide strenght when you pull the door instead of having the door card itself absorb that pull.

I'm trying to get the bracket in the hole while reinstalling the card but can't get it in.
Do you guys have any inofrmation on how to achieve this part properly?
924-76  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: how to put door card back properly Reply with quote

snakoil wrote:
I believe this metal bracket is intended to fit in the hole in the metal door to provide strenght when you pull the door instead of having the door card itself absorb that pull.

Correct
I don't recall having problem with that part of the process. I usually put the card against the door a bit higher than it suppose to and slide down.
snakoil  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does someone have closeup picture of the bracket or measurements?
I just a saw a picture on google of a door card and I think my bracket is broken and missing a portion that would go in the hole!!!
snakoil  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at different pictures I found out the PO had flat bented the bracket.
A little love with the hammer and bench put a better angle in the bracket and got it in correctly on the first try!

Thanks for your help fellas, sometimes just writting it down allows you to think clearer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: