Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Another one follows me home.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap your Tach and Speedo guages so that you can see RPM when driving.
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty50Plus wrote:
Swap your Tach and Speedo guages so that you can see RPM when driving.

Good idea but I don't think the speedo cable would reach. That cluster is pop riveted to the flat section of the bulkhead so it's not centered with the steering wheel. Kind of odd but I don't look at gauges much while driving autocross anyway. There's no time and I'd rather be looking ahead to what's coming up.
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Rear window strip and fuel door Reply with quote

I got a few things done over the weekend. Pulled the rear window, stripped the trim and extracted the glass. The trim part was mostly easy except those odd nuts fixing the side moldings. Some PB Blaster and vice grip pliers got those off. Getting the glass loose from the frame is tedious however. I used a heat gun and a couple screw drivers. That process took several hours but I didn't break the glass. Getting the remainder of the adhesive is going to be a real pain. I'll try a vibrating scrapper on that later. Then I fabricated a replacement for the rubber plug in the fuel sender opening which serves as fuel cell access on this race car. SCCA prepared rules specify a metallic door when fuel is inside the drivers compartment. A simple round cut of sheet metal, two small tabs and a hook to secure.

Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the fuel filler lid! Paint it red
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty50Plus wrote:
Love the fuel filler lid! Paint it red

Good idea! Thanks!
gwan2cruz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Another one follows me home Reply with quote

Hey "Hans"
I just bought a 1978 924 and need some screws, I noticed that you are making yours race ready. I need the screw that holds the small panel between the rear window and the rear hatch window and wonder if you have that phillips head screw available?
Thank you
Gary
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another one follows me home Reply with quote

gwan2cruz wrote:
Hey "Hans"
I just bought a 1978 924 and need some screws, I noticed that you are making yours race ready. I need the screw that holds the small panel between the rear window and the rear hatch window and wonder if you have that phillips head screw available?
Thank you
Gary

Hey Gary, I think you need that unique large head black screw that's in the middle of that trim piece on the rear roof pillar, right? It's a phillips head and isn't there also a large plastic washer on those?

I checked the Porsche PET and didn't see that but confirm and I'll look in my parts stash to see if I've got that. IIRC those usually are missing or broken.
Han Solo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Another one follows me home Reply with quote

Han Solo wrote:
gwan2cruz wrote:
Hey "Hans"
Thank you
Gary

Hey Gary, I think you need that unique large head black screw that's in the middle of that trim piece on the rear roof pillar, right? It's a phillips head and isn't there also a large plastic washer on those?

I checked the Porsche PET and didn't see that but confirm and I'll look in my parts stash to see if I've got that. IIRC those usually are missing or broken.

Ah ha! It shows up on the 924S PET. Look at parts 36 & 37 here...

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=924S-86-88&section=807-05
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: