Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Weber dcoe question re: pump jet cover screw Rubber O-ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Weber dcoe question re: pump jet cover screw Rubber O-ring Reply with quote

Hello ! I just got through giving my jets and any screw on covers a good soaking in strong solvent for about a day and a half. I mistakenly left the accelerator pump jet "Pump Cover Seal (rubber o- ring)" attached to the pump cover screw..so its history... Its virtually impossible to get weber parts over here. Is it ok to substitute just any gasoline resistant O-ring that will fit snug or tight ? Is it critical to get one with exact measurements like the oem one ? So does the rubber O-ring function to just keep it from leaking, or does it additionaly have to deal with pressure ? Thank You !
Qik Nip  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick:
Assuming that you're able to find an gasoline resistant O ring that is both the identical inside and outside diameter, I'm pretty sure you'll be okay. If you end up needing the original, I'd contact Carbs Unlimited. I'd guess they'd happily mail one to you. Here's a link to their page.
Rick

https://www.carburetion.com
Great Lakes SCCA SM points champion '09,'10,'11
ideola  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a Redline Webber reseller. If there is a rebuild kit available, I can get it. Post a part number and diagram and I can look into it for you.

If that doesn't pan out, McMaster-Carr have an excellent website with a wide range of o-rings. They would be my next choice if OEM repair kit isn't available.
15 981 GTS | 88 924S SE | 82 931 Holbert | 82 931 Rallye | 81 937 | 81 Euro 931 | 81 Weissach | 80 US 928 | 80 US 931 '941' | 80 US 931 | 80 931 GTR | 79 Sebring | 78 D-Prod Replica | 78 w/D-Prod kit | 78 Poli-Form | 78 Limited Edition | 77 Martini
Patrick  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys ! I just went for locally available gas resistant o-rings. And you would be my first choice for weber parts ideola.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: