Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Youtube video of record 924 Bonneville run
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gegge  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lifters I asked Sten Parner to make

The Porsche SAE papers from Motorbooks International 1979, "The Porsche 924 Body - Main Development Objectives" by Hermann E. Burst and Rainer Srock. Fig 2. Lift forces acting upon the Porsche 924. Lift is measured in daN and at 210kmh the chart is showing 80 daN at rear axle.

My bad since 1 daN is equal to 10 N (deka), hence 800N = 176 lbs

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
Qik Nip  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gegge wrote:
The lifters I asked Sten Parner to make

The Porsche SAE papers from Motorbooks International 1979, "The Porsche 924 Body - Main Development Objectives" by Hermann E. Burst and Rainer Srock. Fig 2. Lift forces acting upon the Porsche 924. Lift is measured in daN and at 210kmh the chart is showing 80 daN at rear axle.

My bad since 1 daN is equal to 10 N (deka), hence 800N = 176 lbs

Thanks Carl. That makes me feel better about the hoped for effect of the spoiler!
Rick
Great Lakes SCCA SM points champion '09,'10,'11
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Engine answers Reply with quote

Qik Nip wrote:
ideola wrote:
Qik Nip wrote:
When dynoed it peaked at 8,300 RPM's - although it will pretty safely spin at 8,500.

You didn't mention lifters...I presume you are not using the OEM lifters? They are known to crack at about 7500 RPM.

Good catch...No they're 38.5 mm lifters from a European maker (Ventiltryckare?). Got them from a Swedish outfit named ACM.SE. So far no failures.
Rick

Rick
Those are the Sten Parner lifters that I resell on my site. Good shit.

Thanks for the details on your build. I posted your YouTube link over on my FB page, hope you don't mind. Very keen to follow your next attempt. Let me know if there's anything I can do to sponsor and promote.
Qik Nip  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Lifters Reply with quote

Dan:
Looking back I sure wish I'd known that you had them. It was something of a challenge buying those lifters in a language I don't speak (or read) and in a currency that had me having absolutely no idea what I'd paid until I found a currency calculation on Google!
As for sponsorship support, I'd welcome any you might have in mind and would happily plant a nice big Ideola Logo on the car. In case you'd like to discuss, I'll PM you my contact info shortly.
Rick
Great Lakes SCCA SM points champion '09,'10,'11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: