Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

SCCA 933 DP Race Car #016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imsa68  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: SCCA 933 DP Race Car #016 Reply with quote

I have the one and only 933 (SCCA DP 924) that was assembled at Weisach. The car then went to Holbert. Al and Doc Bundy tested the car and crashed her at Road Atlanta in the Fall of 1979. Doc says Al crashed it, Al claimed that Doc crashed it..... Whatever. The car went to Monte Shelton who raced her with his son for many years. I acquired her in NY as the prior owner passed away.
The car is offered with a fresh Michael Mount 2.1L Race engine making around 230HP, Fresh LSD tranny and ready to race. She is sporting the "EVO" bodywork that was developed by Holbert for improved Aerodynamics and to facilitate lowering the car further than Porsche intended.
I have a huge spares package (including a proper 933 engine with the sexy factory fuel injection system installed) with the car that could be used to restore her to the AS DELIVERED configuration.
Price is $160k US for everything.
Please refrain from hyjacking this listing and PM me if you have questions.
Interested buyers can call me at US 843 639-9393
[/img]

Last edited by Imsa68 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
morghen  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with the sale!
It's not in my league but I would love to see this car.
924-76  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
good luck with the sale!

+1, would love to see pics
If you have issue posting pics, you can email them to me and I will post them for you
motormouth  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

924-76 wrote:
morghen wrote:
good luck with the sale!

+1, would love to see pics
If you have issue posting pics, you can email them to me and I will post them for you

+1

I would especially like to see pics of the technical aspects and the cage with all of the bracing, though it's not in my league either.
Imsa68  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Photos Reply with quote

https://porsche933prototype.shutterfly.com

Link above to see my 933 The photo with "47" are as she raced out of NY the past 20 years

She was disassembled when I found her

Photos sitting at the left end of a line of cars in a shop were taken in 1980-81 at Holbert's shop - he is building other cars as we can see...

I am building her back into the "as raced" configuration from the late 80s with the iconic Red Wedge livery and the #1

Note the press photo where she is painted Black. Jurgen Barth told me that Jo Hoppen requested this so the SCCA would not be able to easily discern all of the modifications Porsche had made to the car.

Some of you are hungry for detailed cage and etc. photos: check out Manfred Freisinger Motorsports web site where you can see excellent details around the restorations hat he has done on 2-3 of the 933 cars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: