Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

GTR/GTS windshield washer tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikko  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: GTR/GTS windshield washer tank Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a new member to this forum, but been following it for a few years now. I am building an 924 that will hopefully end up looking as a nice GTS/GTR replica. All the metal bodywork is starting to look similar to GTR including reinforcements, brackets, double Premier fuel systems fuel fillers, etc, but the fiberglass parts are GTS. Plan perhaps at some time is to add GTR flares, but thats another headache.

Now I am looking, if someone knows the model for the GTR/GTS windshield washer tank? Is it from some VW or made only for these cars?

The expansion tanks seems to be from 928.

Thanks in advance!

Mikko from Finland
Harm  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: GTR/GTS windshield washer tank Reply with quote

(Wischwasserbehälter T3 VW)
Dutch924-racer  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, post some picture of your project!
Fast road camshaft
Forge recirculation valve + boost controller
Mikko  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harm! I thought I googled everything, but the long neck must have confused me.. However, it seems I have to make something up to fit the cap correctly.

About the car, I am just finishing all the welding and taking it to a few paint shops to check their opinion on Monday. I will try to take some photos during that road trip and post them here
peterld  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was it Harm? I see nothing in your reply......perhaps because I'm underneath looking up?
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterld wrote:
So what was it Harm? I see nothing in your reply......perhaps because I'm underneath looking up?

go see an eye doctor
Harm  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: GTR/GTS windshield washer tank Reply with quote

WV 3T retlähebressawhcsiW
HTH

@Mikko
Loose the long neck and take the container. Porsche probably produced it's own limited batch at that time of production using the standard red cap from the VW-Audi parts bin to seal it off. The top of a Golf Mk1 windshield washer container has the correct opening that you'll have to stick in there (and are plentiful available (preferably one of the same age).
Cheers,
Harm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: