Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

81 PCV setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoPorsche  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: 81 PCV setup Reply with quote

Ok I've searched and searched on this and while there is alot of discussion there doesn't seem to be very much in the way of details. I have an 81 and I'm trying to figure out if there is actually any PCV in the system or not. As far as I can tell there's only a breather system with no actual positive ventilation from the intake manifold (at least on mine).

I find this hard to believe as a PCV system has been federally mandated in the U.S (not just CA) since 1965 I believe. That said, the pipe running to the air oil separator from the block has a Y in it and on mine someone has plugged the Y outlet, is this supposed to have an inline PCV valve and run to some manifold port? Does anyone have any diagrams or pics of this? That would help immensely. I'm going to take shots of what I'm talking about tomorrow.
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No PCV. There was a head breather update but it had more to do with aiding turbo drain than emissions. Your car might not have that. I believe the plug you are describing is OEM setup. The big breather on the block goes to the upper port of the air-oil separator, wherein the oil precipitates out and drains back to the sump; the air is fed back into the filter box (pre-filter).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: