Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Modifications to Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh happy happy!!!

-------

My life is full of fixing my mistakes. One of the biggest screw ups to date on Wilson was modifying the fuel fill set up. I hated what Porsche designed, but I messed with it & made it worse.

FINALLY I have a slick solution. Genuine Spaco product baby!
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've screwed up too many times. I've had to hire help.

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made the decision to fabricate the front & sides of an FIA style rollcage today.

Even though this isn't a race car, by the legal definition it probably will be when I'm done with it. Only road legal with heat & a/c.

I know many people say don't drive with a rollcage because of injury in a collision (head hitting the bars)- a very good point, but the other side of the coin is how safe is the windshield & a-frame collapsing on the occupants upper body? I hope that I can position the occupant low enough and back enough that with the multipoint harness & these seats that head injury is unlikely.

Ordered up some DOM 1.75" x .120" tubing & a nice USA made bender. It's not cheap, but if I can pull it off, then I will own a bender and pay for the required additional tubing for the same price as ordering the front cage & have it shipped. The tubing supplier is local.

My goal is to have my seating position as low and rearward as possible. The sparco seats (expired 4 pt Sparcos will remain, I can neither justify or afford the expense of upgrading at this point in time).

This will require a change to my existing seat brackets... I will relocated tabs about 2-3 inches rearward & also add 10 degrees layback.

In the past I didn't know how to overcome the slider latch, and this forced me to weld the tabs in front of the square tubing, but I'll try tomorrow to change it.

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided that a bit more patience & money will give me a stellar product, worthy of a Porsche.

These injectors were ordered. Note high impedance and modern tip but will physically fit the stock 944. Will be using the 3.0 bar regulator.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/013us650-650cc-62lbs
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 62 lb high impedance injectors came in. Now I am worrying that I should have bought bigger injectors (for future mods down the road) but I've read anything over 15 psi for street is not good, and I need Wilson in my life on a regular basis - so street driving is the plans and that being the case I'm probably good for injectors for ever. But I'm just curious what the hp maximum of these injectors are. The suckers shipped from Cali, USA to Calgary, Canada in 24 hours. Incredible.

After studying the Throttle Body upgrade that some of ya'll are doing, I bought this 60-65mm crown vic TB (non-cruise) with TPS & 3 wire connector. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP on the TPS suggestions guys!!
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 24 feet of 1.75" roll cage tubing cut in 3 equal lengths & it just fit in my wife's sedan that she graciously lets me use.

Modifying my seat brackets for 3" setback & 10 degrees layback took like 5 hours on the driver's side but the test fit was.... in a word: excellent. Totally nailed it!
Yes I am going to use the pass side on the driver's side because it slides better (there was warpage to the motor controlled driver's seat brackets that I welded 2 years ago)... and I want' a slider to work well damn it!
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I done told ya'll that I like the gt300 cars for inspiration in the aero dept since Wilson will also be in that hp class and this is a modern race class so I consider the technology better researched than old aero (I could be wrong).
Anyway, I want my car to not only work well but also look nice & I think the Japanese lead the way.

Who's a member of the "WANG GANG"????

Will the REAL Wang Gang members please stand up?
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cheap $200 wing, promoted as "real carbon fibre", but I am sure it's ABS plastic LOL...
Designed with 2 short uprights for a S2000 or Corvette trunk lid, I am converting the short uprights to be horizontal brackets, allowing me to move the wing rearward on one-off 1/4" 6000 series aluminum uprights (cut with a jigsaw).

My research shows a wing mounted *rear* of the hatch works better. And has the bonus of hatch no-fuss accessibility on the 944.

Back yard hill billy machine shop. Sponsored by Lucky Lager.

Last edited by Noahs944 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: double post Reply with quote

Drove to meet Ross at Simplified Digital System today.
Was surprised yet impressed to find the business headquarters is in a airplane hanger.

He was super friendly. Generously offered to meet me on a Sunday so I could pick the system up (just 3 days after I placed the order!). I really felt respected & appreciated for giving SDS my patronage & I was rewarded with what appears to be a very user friendly system to install.

Ross stated that they used to be one of three Stand Alone builders in the automotive industry (some 23 years ago when he & his partner started), but now they are one of a much higher number. Originally he built high performance race cars for people but now he mostly supplies stand alone systems for the air craft industry.

Here is a few pictures from his place of business. The plane was made with his own hands and is "a bit old school" by todays standards, but is fully functioning and performs flawlessly.

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and regarding the hp limit of the injectors, I asked him if he could guess & he just walked three feet to a chart on the wall and calmly said 4XX hp (I forget the number 420 or 450 or similar figure).

So I did good by buying those squirters. I think they will provided me with more fuel then I have driving skill!
Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY.

Here is the "unboxing" of the stand alone system for anyone who's curious what a proper system might contain for converting from non turbo to turbo.

They don't claim to be the best, but they claim to be very easy to install and they use the finest materials (for instance USA made high grade heat & corrosion resistant terminals that won't cause an air plane to fall from the sky. LOL).

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noahs944  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: