Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

KKK K3T Hybrid Turbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holset also uses same trim defenition as garrett, I have access to hundreds of holset maps if you want med to find something And a 931 simulation model as you already seen.

Looking at trim and diamteters is not enough, two similar sized wheels with similar trims can have vastly different flow characteristics, which you only will get by looking at maps. It all depends on how you design the wheel. A HD diesel engine have very different needs to a passcar petrol engine. Its all about trading efficency at high pressure ratios vs having a wide efficiency island, in general.

In general when you go down in trim size you rotate the map to the left, so better for high pressure ratios and lower flows. The 3257 is from a low reving diesel engine, and thus its matched for that But could still be enough for our puny engines.

When you run a restrictor you will be limited in flow when the restrictor chokes, so to get more air into the engine you will have to increase density by applying shit loads of pressure instead, the highly tuned restrictor engines have very specific compressors with maps that are really narrow and really tall.
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cédric wrote:
Holset also uses same trim defenition as garrett, I have access to hundreds of holset maps if you want med to find something And a 931 simulation model as you already seen.

I'm not real interested in holset compressors, unless it comes right down to machining a kkk compressor housing to run a holset wheel, if it would be worth it.. Maybe that's the way to go..

Something that would cover the 1-2 bar range, and go on a 931 turbocharger to keep everything 931 but the compressor..
Is it realistic to find anything that would make 1bar @ 3500RPM but yet be able to make 2 bar if needed?

This is just for future theoretical purposes, because I can't help myself but think about turbos when I should be thinking about wires..

What do you think about that 3072 map?
gegge  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are using the HX35 with great success. Would be interesting to compare the compressor to a K27. Just to get an idea of different maps. Cédric, do you have BW256 as well?

924 turbo -81 Carrera GT RESTOMOD
924 turbo -80 Dolomite De Luxe
924 -85 DP kit, BBS RS, M030 and tuned engine
924s -86 Black on black turbo with Fuchs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: