Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Paulyy's 924 track car build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulyy  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Excellent, cant wait to see how it looks with this kit. Always wondered how it would look on a 924.

It looks quite good. It's hard to see it really with out a coat of paint as the doors are paint stripped and the rest of the car multi shades of black and brown.

I would post more photos as exciting as it is, I want to keep it a bit of a surprise when the body work is at least nearly done. There's no front end, so i'd like that sto be done, or at least mocked up.

The kit is obviously not a direct fit, so it's not perfect. And the way the 924 front guards are shaped, i dont know how much extra room i'll get at the front. But something is better than nothing.

If i can get minimum 265 tyres front & rear i'll be happy. I might be able to squeeze 295 rear. (max size i can go)
http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?p=384410#384410
951 - 400whp.
morghen  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me again what engine do you want to run so that you need that kind of grip? Its going to be a light car and whatever the engine I don't think you need such wide tires.
At such widths I would be concerned about the factory arms, joints and bearings would not hold up in race abuse.
Waiting for the pics, cant wait to see this thing.
Paulyy  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Excellent, cant wait to see how it looks with this kit. Always wondered how it would look on a 924.

You must have edited your post, i believe you asked what it'll be used for ect?
Time attack.

Control arms should be ok. might make new ones.
Spindles will be changed to 944s2 or 968 ones.
951 - 400whp.
morghen  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't remember editing but hey, as I age I'm more and more inclined to think that I'm self aware just briefly
Paulyy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morghen wrote:
Remind me again what engine do you want to run so that you need that kind of grip? Its going to be a light car and whatever the engine I don't think you need such wide tires.
At such widths I would be concerned about the factory arms, joints and bearings would not hold up in race abuse.
Waiting for the pics, cant wait to see this thing.

I forgot to click next page to see this reply. I got the email notification and then re read the wrong post.

running the 2L with probably a EFR 7163. I was going to use a 7670 but going for the smaller one and less top end for much much more response.
I was hoping to see 500rwhp from the 7670 but will settle for at least 400-450rwhp with the 7163.

The factory arms look like they can handle it, but i'll be looking at custom and probably solid.

i know the 924 spindles won't be up for the job, so the 944s2 or 968 ones (what ever ones i can get) will do the job. From there i'll look into a brake disc and brake caliper setup.

The flares are taking some effort to install. not hard, just not made for this car. i have 1 side on. still need to get the side skirts on. Oh and a lot of sanding still to do. and some cutting.
951 - 400whp.
Paulyy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the front mounted after some toying around.

A front angle photo doesn't show much as the bumper is off ect. so another rear end shot.

951 - 400whp.
Paulyy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

My 951 has taken up some time (7 months) on the hoist putting this on hold in that time. had to take care of the top end (bent valves..yay) of the engine and fix some leaks, had the engine out and all. That's been sorted and it has been back to the 924.

Some may have seen some threads go up about a few things. One was about Liquid to air intercoolers since i was worried about room up front. I have now solved that issue and now able to run a nice big front mount IC.

Instead of running a 924 front valance, i have picked up a Zender front valance. Because i wont be running the stock one, it gives me 110mm of extra room.

Also half the car is now in primer, as this is the first time attempting to paint a car, i am going bit by bit. So I've started up front and work my way back and get the whole car in primer.

I'll be cutting the support chassis of under the nose panel (between the bumper holders) and putting a smaller bar in place to fit the IC. something similar to the last photo

951 - 400whp.
Juho  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have more pictures of the car with the fenders on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: