Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Yet, Another 924S

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edredas  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Yet, Another 924S Reply with quote

So picked up this car back in December, but photobucket wasn't working and I couldn't post pictures. This is a pretty nice car over all and it won't take much to get it back on the road, but I don't really have the time right now. There's a few projects that I need to finish before I can work on it.

I've been making videos for my youtube channel lately so here's one I made about this car. When I finally get around to fixing it up I'm hoping to do a 'wheeler dealers' style video on it, as I will be trying to fix it up as cheap as possible and then try to sell it. That is, if I don't find more room in the stable by then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujj6_7AIK-8

Here's a picture of the car the day I picked it up...

'87 924S -Red, 300hp 951 swap
'87 924S -Red, Project Car
'88 924S -Red, Daily Driver
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite glad there's another 2.5 junky on the Board!

Nice find.
edredas  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a few times where I've wanted to pick up a 931 but I'm glad I didn't. I spent maybe $600 replacing the water pump and all the seals on my '88 and have been driving it everyday for a year. The only time I've popped the hood was to change the oil... you can't beat that! I've never had a bad 2.5 liter car. I personally, don't mind a high maintenance old car, but I'm really glad these cars don't need much when they're put together right.

I've been a little under the weather lately, but after looking over this car again, I think the head that came with it was from another car. What probably happened was they bent the valves on their 944 and rather than have the head rebuilt, just stole the head from this car since it was just sitting around with a bad clutch...

As of right now, I have the transmission out of that garnet 944 and should have the clutch replaced in it soon. Then I may clean this car up and get it running. I already have a spare head from the white 924S that I can throw on just to get it running. I really want to see this car on the road again, and it wouldn't take much.
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your YouTube channel is great. I'm loving all the how tos and ride alongs. I subscribed so I won't miss any updates.
edredas  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great to hear! Thanks for subscribing! I've gained something like 50 subs just in the past month which is great since I've only just started making videos. I will probably hit 100 subs in the next week or so if the growth continues at this pace! So far the support of the community has been awesome and I'm going to continue making each video a little better than the last!

This week I just ordered a bunch of parts. I bought two clutches, two water pumps, belts, and a ton of seals. I should have everything to finish this 924S and that burgundy 944. I have something special for this weeks video that should be a lot of fun. When those parts come in I will be documenting everything. Eventually I will even be fixing up the interiors of both cars and plan to sell them on!
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should announce your YouTube channel on the general page. Your videos have really improved in the last 6 months or so. It might pull more subscribers your way. The smoke tester is a great low budget idea. A must have for my tool box. Keep the videos and ideas coming. Thanks Paul
edredas  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul! I might just do that. For the rest of you, here's an update on this red 924S. The engine code is 43G which is an '86 engine, and the workshop manual says all '87 engines were 43H... even those in the 924S with the eccentric tensioner and 3 piece OPRV. Since this is an early 924S I wasn't sure if this engine was original or not. That said, I did talk to someone today that told me that this engine was replaced with one from an '86 944. So that's cleared up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAji-4YYzfY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: