Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924S Dead.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmer  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: 924S Dead. Reply with quote

My 924s has hesitated to start in colder (35 -45 degrees F. ) Which is not considered cold in this part of the world but is colder than usual (bought car in August).

I have always started it by not touching the footfeet. This particular morning I decided to press the accelerator to the floor before starting. It spun decent and fired maybe once or twice. Spun some more, smelled strong gas

Figured Id flooded it. Held accelerator to the floor, it spun a few more times and went completely dead. No lights, accessories, etc. Put charger on and went to church with different vehicle. T

Tried it upon returning home. Had accessories for a brief moment and dead again. Not trusting my charger, I jumped it with same results. Hired man suggests the battery shorted out. Haven't troubleshot that yet.

So, a couple questions:

Is there a main breaker or something that kicks out when overheating the starter which I am probably guilty.

What is cold weather starting procedure?

TIA Paul
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 924s has Bosch Motronic fuel injection, which shouldn't require any special startup procedure, hot or cold. There is no starter "protection" device like you are describing.

I would start with a new ignition switch. They are quite inexpensive and prone to failure.
joecitizennn  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using a carbureted mindset. Do not depress the accelerator to start your car. The DME should already be doing what you were attempting to do with your foot, by means of the fuel injectors and idle control valve. If the 924s wont start by simply turning the key to start in any weather, something needs to be fixed.
87 924S gone
84 944 sold
83 944 sold
89 turbo S LSD, ABS etc
86 951 white rocket
85 944 sport everything.
84 944 sold.
87 944 sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: