Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Hunting Idle, and problematic turn signals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minhiriath  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just rebuilt the engine in my 924, and now when i start it the it hunts a bit before settling in at about 900 rpm for idle, anyone know why this is?

also, i'am having trouble getting my turn signals to work, when i hit the turn signal the light on the dash for turning comes on solid and doesn't blink, does the same when i hit the hazard lights, but the lights don't come on, i've already replaced the relay with a relay i know works, and i've replaced the hazard light switch with one i know works as well. does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem could be?(i've also checked all the fuses).

Thank you, Daniel
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the connections to your turn signal globes?

I did mine a couple of weeks back and all the connections in the rear light array were really badly corroded. I cleaned all the connections and gave them a squirt of switch lube for a bit of protection.

Also, the 8-way (I think) snap connectors for the wires going into the rear light array were both so corroded that I had to replace them.

The front signals were dirty but the electrical connections were clean.

Learn to love your multimeter and may the search be with you
Minhiriath  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all those places seem alright, no real corrosion, and i cleaned all the ground connector's under the dash above the fuse box :/ ... i'am completely baffled as to why its not working
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the relay/flasher unit and the emergency switch are known good then it's a bug-hunt for a bad connection.

Only thing left is a quiet afternoon with Haynes in one hand and mulitmeter in the other.

Good luck

Learn to love your multimeter and may the search be with you
AppleBit  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look for intake leaks and false air readings... Also your warm up air intake valve may be wierded out as well. Take it off and see if it opens and closes freely. You can hook up a 12 volt and check it with the two connections on there as well to see if it works okey

- Jon

Porsche 924 Wide Body LS1 Corvette 500 Horsepower Engine
Minhiriath  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an update, i found out why my signal lights where not working, there was a bad ground to the flasher unit, after running a new ground to the flasher, everything works great, two long days under the dash with a multimeter :/

thanks for all your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: