Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

'78 924 rebirth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leftlanetruckin  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: '78 924 rebirth Reply with quote

Picked up a 78 924 for my youngest kid, he's 12, so have lots of time!
Paid $450 for it, and is kinda complete, besides the interior.
Plan is to rebuild the motor, trans and go through all wiring, cooling, etc. Then get it sprayed back to OEM color.
Induction will either be TBI or carb. All the OEM injection stuff is missing, and cant really see myself spending the money on something that can be troublesome anyway. MPG isnt too big a concern, so I'll keep my eyes open for a set of DCOE's and manifold!
Pulled the engine yesterday, and tore it down. Internals look surprisingly good, with little cylinder runout etc. Better than what can be said for the exhaust manifold and some of the bolt on parts. A monkey has been here before!
What is the best place to get a rebuild "kit" for the motor? Did some searching, coming up empty though.
Didn't see a forum for plain old 924's, so hope this is in the right place!

Many thanks
Martin
hdrider19  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General discussion section is for all the 2.0 cars. 924S section is for 86 thru 88 2.5 cars only. You might try reposting in the general section. We need more 924s on the road in Missouri. Hope that helps. Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: