Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

the webber install removal of the no good stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joes924Racer  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics...his car?? the engine bay isnt painted..guess the motor was never out or?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
coastie124  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to hijack your thread just thought I would share my install.

These pictures shows the throttle cable and bracket. We just pieced this together with the old throttle cable bracket. We'll make something a little more finished looking later on. The cable bracket was just flipped to pull from the side. Stock cable was used and as you can see it was already falling apart. Works for now.

This car is going to used for SCCA DSP class racing so we have to use a dual throttle return spring. The autoparts store had a throttle return spring assortment package. We had to add a bracket onto the engine hoist point to get the return spring at the proper angle. You can see it in the top right side of this picture.

As this car is only going to be raced on weekends we are thinking of using filter screen discs or just foam trumpet boot filters. The clutch cable and bracket get in the way of most filters.

I have to hand it to my father he had this installed and running in about 6hrs of labor. I only helped by dealing with a couple clearance issues and installing the fuel pump. Start up was great cranked it over the first time for a short time and it bucked against the starter. So we took a little advance out and it cranked right up and idled. Revved great and good throttle response. Only issue we have is that the floats are over filling on the front carb. Haven't had a chance to check the floats. We're thinking it's a fuel pressure issue. The fuel pump we picked up runs between 2-4.5psi. We had a cheap pressure regulator that we tried to fit but it wouldn't allow enough fuel to pass for the engine to run properly. So maybe a quality fuel pressure regulator and maybe even a gauge in the near future. Probably won't mess with it for a couple weeks as we're racing in Dallas next weekend.

Here are a couple more pictures of the install.

Vince Ponz  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I do with the return spring. I have attached it to the center valve cover screw/bolt. I use two springs on the right tension and one with less tension. The metal is thin and wears out and if it does the second one will take up the slack but at slightly higher revs.
One day my son and I were on the highway and the spring wore out. The car immediately went to make revs. I turned off the key and aimed for the right side curb. Well the steering wheel locked full right.Turned on the engine enough to safely move over. If I had the second spring it would have avoided the wet pants and the screaming.
88 924S SE
87 911 Targa stock
DOCO  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="coastie124"]Not trying to hijack your thread just thought I would share my install.

not at all!!!thanks for sharing as it may help me get mine finished!!!looking real sweet!!!gotta love those fuel suckin gas drinkin dualies!!!!
/______\
[+]___[+]
\0 924 0/
[__]..[__]
"WEBB STR"
friggin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but DOCO what did you end up doing with the crank case breather line?

I'm building a custom ITB setup on my car using Yamaha r1 bike carbs. It runs (like crap) but from what I have read it's probably due to not having that hose hooked up to anything or it being plugged. Any tips?
nickthompson  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

friggin wrote:
Hate to bring up a dead thread, but DOCO what did you end up doing with the crank case breather line?

I'm building a custom ITB setup on my car using Yamaha r1 bike carbs. It runs (like crap) but from what I have read it's probably due to not having that hose hooked up to anything or it being plugged. Any tips?

I just vented mine to the atmosphere and never had any problems with the way it ran.
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran mine to a 32 oz metal paint stripper can that I fastened to the driver side chassis arm and is removable for dumping. Those are basic requirements of many racing groups. If you have the vertical block vent fitting it is tough to get an elbow under the carbs. At least the 931 and maybe later NA's had the horizontal vent fitting that should be much easier.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: