Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Paul's Silver GT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTP370  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Paul's Silver GT Reply with quote

Hey guys.

First of all. Thanks for all the input and help that has come from this Forum to date.

I’m new to the 924/ front engine Porsche scene. And was very fortunate to secure a genuine, matching numbers Australian delivered Carrera GT. My friend found the car advertised on the Pelican Forum, told me about it, and made contact with the owner straight away. I later noticed the car was advertised on this forum as well.

The car has a nice history, been well looked after and comes with service log and manual. I am still in contact with the last owner.

In the early 2000’s the car was transformed into a competition car. Works carried out by Fitzgerald Motorsports, Melbourne included a front mount intercooler, cool air intake, individual throttle bodies, EFI conversion, MoTec ECU, fiberglass bonnet, Momo racing seats and harness, Momo steering wheel, 17 inch Simmons rims, aluminium torque tube, custom exhaust, larger brakes with a brake bias selector in the cabin, adjustable suspension, front suspension strut brace and six point welded in roll cage. The engine also was rebuilt from top to bottom, and the gearbox was partially rebuilt. All this work was focused to compete in the Grand Prix Rally held in Victoria. After successfully competing for one season, the car was stored away in garage.

My intention is to restore the car to show room/ road worthy condition. I’d like to leave the mechanical set up as is, credit to the previous owner. And also keep the GTS lights, 968 side mirrors and Simmons.

I purchased an original complete donor car mainly for the missing mechanical parts. The idea is to collect all missing parts, and store away to retain its original integrity and value.

As far as the hard to get parts, so far I have acquired a nice set of front seats (thanks Brett). A top mount Intercooler (thanks Dave) and Digital Ignition Timing Computer (thanks Joost).

The cage is coming out, and the interior is to be returned to factory spec. werk924 are producing the seat covers, and supply body decals.

The body will be a bare metal restoration.

I will be seeking information and knowledge, and further parts. You support will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you seek out Ricky Caesar's contact details in the UK. The holy grail of CGT information and can help you get your car OEM correct. He is the CGT registrar for PCGB but now more active with the 924OC which you already posted on a while ago. Owned all three colours of CGT at the same time. Sold all but the silver one to fund the GTS purchase. Check out this months edition of GT Porsche magazine for 924 features

PS put the go fast parts off the CGT onto the turbo - win:win
XLR8  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just wow! GTP, glad to have another 924 being saved in Oz (though yours doesn't look like it needs a much "help" as mine).

What is the engine like in the red one? I'd be very interested in some of the parts on it if you are breaking it up.
nickthompson  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That car was advertised on this forum. I remember how badass it was.
Glemon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Porsche, nice Mopar too! '68 Charger?
GTP370  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrera RSR wrote:
I suggest you seek out Ricky Caesar's contact details in the UK. The holy grail of CGT information and can help you get your car OEM correct. He is the CGT registrar for PCGB but now more active with the 924OC which you already posted on a while ago. Owned all three colours of CGT at the same time. Sold all but the silver one to fund the GTS purchase. Check out this months edition of GT Porsche magazine for 924 features

PS put the go fast parts off the CGT onto the turbo - win:win

Thanks very much. I get in contact with Ricky. Funny...another silver CGT owner called by my home on the weekend. And showed me a write up on Ricky's from an older magazine.

XLR8 wrote:
Wow, just wow! GTP, glad to have another 924 being saved in Oz (though yours doesn't look like it needs a much "help" as mine).

What is the engine like in the red one? I'd be very interested in some of the parts on it if you are breaking it up.

Happy to help out with the donor car, and nice chatting over the phone today.

Glemon wrote:
Nice Porsche, nice Mopar too! '68 Charger?

Thanks. It's a stock 69 R/T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: