Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Help with momo adapter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtisr  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Help with momo adapter Reply with quote

I'm a doofus. I bought a 'universal' 6 bolt steering wheel adapter and, of course, it doesn't fit the splined shaft of my '87 924s.

I've looked at the Katalog and checked online but I'm not sure of the shaft size these cars have. A search for a momo adapter to fit the car returned older 924 models and 944s.

So, any help finding the size I need would be greatly appreciated. I bought a D shaped, 300 mm steering wheel in hopes of getting some extra clearance for my legs. Getting out is tough when you're 6' 4"!

Thanks!
Cedric  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about the hub, I thought it would be the same as regular 924s..

Key to better clearance is not primarily wheel size, but the moving it towards you, that makes wonders for leg room. I have a deep dish wheel like this: http://rrs-direct.com/store/volant-rrs-simili-cuir-tulipage-65mm-3-branches.html

+ the depth of the adapter, and the difference is night and day when it comes to legroom.

If I remember correctly i bought a golf/rabbibt wheel adapter on ebay, it was many years ago though.
curtisr  

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric,

Agreed. And I'm hoping that I can join my Quick Release momo adapter to the correctly splined model. Together I should be able to simply lean forward to activate the horn! Just kidding...

Thanks for your help.

Roger
curtisr  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved. The correct hub adapter is momo MC8010.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: