Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Nose piece removal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not getting much calmer, I see!
jason c  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool as a cucumber, how you feelin'?
ideola  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:
ideola wrote:
.......it was an 85 944......NOT an 85.5.

I used a cutoff wheel on an air-driven 90° cutoff tool, and removed this panel from the 1985 944 posted earlier in this thread. I didn't drill out the spot welds as you can clearly see.

You are delusional, and an @$$4@7 to boot for calling me an intentional liar.

I actually didn't call you a liar. I insinuated there were some lies & you stepped up to the plate.
If you are serious about this nonsense, you are either a bold faced liar or a highly confused man. Either way you are wrong.
That nose is off a late 944, be it that car or another. The spot welds you keep referring to hold the inner structure of the nose to the nose. All late 944 variants noses are made in the same fashion. The spotwelds need not be removed or the nose need to be cut to remove it.
All 944 fenders have an inner structure that is spot welded on which in turn is bolted to the door post. The fenders & later noses are of similar design.

In your own words you refer to that car as an '85.5

ideola wrote:
Removed from [url=http://www.924board.org/view topic.php?p=373625#373625]this car[/url]..

Follow the link called.....
ideola wrote:
SNOW BUNNY[/url]..

Big bold text on the picasa pics.....
ideola wrote:
1985.5 944 parts donor, back home, safe & sound.

And in another link....
ideola wrote:
And, this weekend, only the coldest weekend of the winter, Larry and I went to fetch a 1985.5 944 out in Newaygo MI. The car was probably 20-30 yards off the road. There was a 3 foot furrow from the plow that we had to dig through, and about 18-24 inches of snow on the rest of the ground.

"Remember, its not a lie if you believe it" -George Costanza

I was told at the time I fetched the car that it was an 85.5, which, if you'll notice, is what is posted in the original threads from 7 years ago when I went to fetch the car. Upon bringing it home and inspecting it, I discovered it was in fact an 85 model with early dash, NOT the later 85.5 with the oval dash. It is correctly referenced in my Chronology thread, but true enough, I never went back and updated every reference I ever made to that car (including the captions from 7 years ago in the Picasa albums).

You can split all the semantic hairs you want by dissembling and trying to call it an insinuation. You called me a liar. Period.

I defy you to search the 14000+ posts I have on this forum and find an instance when I have lied or deceived anyone. Have I been wrong on occasion? Yes. Have I admitted when I'm wrong? Yes.

I am not a liar. You owe me an apology.
jason c  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
jason c wrote:
ideola wrote:

I used a cutoff wheel on an air-driven 90° cutoff tool, and removed this panel from the 1985 944 posted earlier in this thread. I didn't drill out the spot welds as you can clearly see.

I actually didn't call you a liar. I insinuated there were some lies & you stepped up to the plate.
If you are serious about this nonsense, you are either a bold faced liar or a highly confused man. Either way you are wrong.
That nose is off a late 944, be it that car or another. The spot welds you keep referring to hold the inner structure of the nose to the nose. All late 944 variants noses are made in the same fashion. The spotwelds need not be removed or the nose need to be cut to remove it.
All 944 fenders have an inner structure that is spot welded on which in turn is bolted to the door post. The fenders & later noses are of similar design.

ideola wrote:
Removed from [url=http://www.924board.org/view topic.php?p=373625#373625]this car[/url]..

ideola wrote:
SNOW BUNNY[/url]..

ideola wrote:

And in another link....
ideola wrote:
And, this weekend, only the coldest weekend of the winter, Larry and I went to fetch a 1985.5 944 out in Newaygo MI. The car was probably 20-30 yards off the road. There was a 3 foot furrow from the plow that we had to dig through, and about 18-24 inches of snow on the rest of the ground.

I was told at the time I fetched the car that it was an 85.5, which, if you'll notice, is what is posted in the original threads from 7 years ago when I went to fetch the car. Upon bringing it home and inspecting it, I discovered it was in fact an 85 model with early dash, NOT the later 85.5 with the oval dash. It is correctly referenced in my Chronology thread, but true enough, I never went back and updated every reference I ever made to that car (including the captions from 7 years ago in the Picasa albums).

You can split all the semantic hairs you want by dissembling and trying to call it an insinuation. You called me a liar. Period.

I defy you to search the 14000+ posts I have on this forum and find an instance when I have lied or deceived anyone. Have I been wrong on occasion? Yes. Have I admitted when I'm wrong? Yes.

I feel like I'm trying to teach calculus to a monkey.
All of those posts you made were well AFTER you had possession of the car & It shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to know if the car is early or late.

ideola wrote:
I am not a liar.You owe me an apology.

I do not owe you anything. This (" If you are serious about this nonsense, you are EITHER a bold faced liar OR a highly confused man. Either way you are wrong.") is a true statement.

I couldn't care less what year the car is. Bottom line, that nose pictured is a completely stock late 944 nose, it is not cut or drilled. Quite possibly from a completely different car.
Before you continue to drag this on, look at a late 944 nose & compare to your pic or contact a 944 expert you trust & get their opinion.

Anyone can Google pics the late 944 nose or look on eBay & see plenty of identical, completely stock noses.
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:
ideola wrote:
jason c wrote:
ideola wrote:

ideola wrote:

ideola wrote:
SNOW BUNNY[/url]..

ideola wrote:

And in another link....
ideola wrote:

I feel like I'm trying to teach calculus to a monkey.
All of those posts you made were well AFTER you had possession of the car & It shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to know if the car is early or late.

ideola wrote:
I am not a liar.You owe me an apology.

I do not owe you anything. This (" If you are serious about this nonsense, you are EITHER a bold faced liar OR a highly confused man. Either way you are wrong.") is a true statement.

I couldn't care less what year the car is. Bottom line, that nose pictured is a completely stock late 944 nose, it is not cut or drilled. Quite possibly from a completely different car.
Before you continue to drag this on, look at a late 944 nose & compare to your pic or contact a 944 expert you trust & get their opinion. If you're really brave you can post it on rennlist or pelican & get their opinion.

When I mentioned lies, I was referring to what I thought was surely a lame attempt at an April fools gag or a ploy to catch me out on mythical part.

Anyone can Google pics the late 944 nose or look on eBay & see plenty of identical, completely stock noses.
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not wrong about this piece. I know that I removed it from THAT 1985 944 using a cutoff wheel. I know what car it was, I know what year it was, and I know what tools I used to remove it. I am not lying. I am not confused.

You can disagree with me. That's fine. But you DO owe me an apology for calling me a liar, and now a monkey.

All you had to say was "I disagree and here's why". No need for resorting to name-calling, accusations, and insults. But I suspect based on your behavior that the only way you can feel good about yourself is to belittle others. My suggestion for you is to get some counseling and come back when you can behave like a civilized adult.

As for this thread, I'm done responding to your insults and provocations.
WEASEL149  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a single decent person on this forum thinks you're a liar or a monkey Dan.
I always look forward to your posts and particularly your build threads.
edredas  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:
There nothing different about that 924S under nose structure than the other 16668 cars made.
If you wanted to get in on April fools you should have done it 2 days ago.

You don't make any sense. Are you saying the 924S has the late subframe?

The 924S used the EARLY 924/944 subrame and use a late screw in nose, that you claim never existed.

Also, 1985 924 is not a 924S. It still has the 2.0 liter engine in it so that proves this "hybrid" existed before the 1986 924S. I have seen a 1985 like Dan is talking about and it even had late rain rails on an early car. Theres even a customers 1985.5 at my shop that has early side-mirror bases. The switch over was not clean cut.

NOTE THE SCREWS!

This is a late N/A subframe... wow, exactly the same as the 924S!

NOT! STOP TRASHING THREADS!

'87 924S -Red, 300hp 951 swap
'87 924S -Red, Project Car
'88 924S -Red, Daily Driver
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
You can disagree with me. That's fine. But you DO owe me an apology for calling me a liar, and now a monkey.

I didn't call you either. I said you were lying or confused, pick one.
I said arguing this was LIKE teaching a monkey calculus. Its a saying to create a parallel of difficulty, not a name call. I would have used the headbang emoticon but we don't have it. By extrapolation, your saying I'm calling the nose calculus!?

ideola wrote:
All you had to say was "I disagree and here's why".

I did that two pages ago. It got us here.
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="edredas"]
jason c wrote:
There nothing different about that 924S under nose structure than the other 16668 cars made.
If you wanted to get in on April fools you should have done it 2 days ago.

edredas wrote:
You don't make any sense. Are you saying the 924S has the late subframe?

No, not at all.

edredas wrote:
The 924S used the EARLY 924/944 subrame and use a late screw in nose, that you claim never existed.]

No, it doesn't.
The 924s uses its own unique nose understructure. It does use a scew in nose, screwed on both top & bottom.

This unique understructure is what allows the late nose to fit on.
You cannot fit the nose as pictured by Dan on an early car. That is the point, because its a late nose.
TJC  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to the Board Glemon and please feel free to continue to ask questions and contribute your experiences...and please don't think that every question you ask will strike up such a discussion. I think that as you peruse the different topics bandied about here you'll see that we're a pretty passionate bunch of enthusiasts and truly try to help one another when we can.

Secondly, I just happen to have the nose piece off of the '86 944 Turbo I'm parting out and can take photos of it and the front of the tub to show how it is bolted/nutted on...just offering as it easy to do at this point.

Lastly, let's all try to get along, this is a small community and as these cars age and new members such as the OP come into the family I think it's important to share information in a positive manner and also continue to have a resource for parts as it's painfully apparent that Porsche doesn't see a realistic market to continue to make replacement bits for these cars...meaning groups like this one will need to rely on one another to keep our cars on the road.

Oh and lastly, lastly...Dan, Jason...to the showers !!!
'04 BMW X3..."Xander"
Still on the Prowl!

www.ttrs1.com
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJC wrote:
First of all, welcome to the Board Glemon and please feel free to continue to ask questions and contribute your experiences...and please don't think that every question you ask will strike up such a discussion. I think that as you peruse the different topics bandied about here you'll see that we're a pretty passionate bunch of enthusiasts and truly try to help one another when we can.

Secondly, I just happen to have the nose piece off of the '86 944 Turbo I'm parting out and can take photos of it and the front of the tub to show how it is bolted/nutted on...just offering as it easy to do at this point.

Lastly, let's all try to get along, this is a small community and as these cars age and new members such as the OP come into the family I think it's important to share information in a positive manner and also continue to have a resource for parts as it's painfully apparent that Porsche doesn't see a realistic market to continue to make replacement bits for these cars...meaning groups like this one will need to rely on one another to keep our cars on the road.

Oh and lastly, lastly...Dan, Jason...to the showers !!!

Hopefully separately.

Please do post a pic, try to get one at the same angle as the one Dan posted for comparison.

I agree, this did take a dark turn I didn't expect.
pcelenta  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/URL]

[/img]

I am the great TwoFourlio! I need TP for my '24! TP for my '24! What's that? You threaten me?
edredas  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason c wrote:

You cannot fit the nose as pictured by Dan on an early car. That is the point, because its a late nose.

It is apparently not unique to the 924S if a 1985 924 with a 2.0 liter engine and some 1985 944's also have it. That is my point.
'87 924S -Red, 300hp 951 swap
'87 924S -Red, Project Car
'88 924S -Red, Daily Driver
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edredas wrote:
jason c wrote:

It is apparently not unique to the 924S if a 1985 924 with a 2.0 liter engine and some 1985 944's also have it. That is my point.

There are no noses welded on to the chassis and also bolted on to the chassis, that was my point and the topic 3 pages ago. You either have to cut it off or it completely unbolts. You can cut fenders or doors off with a cutoff wheel if you like, it doesn't make it necessary. Is that clear enough?
If not, we can agree to disagree & move on. The readers can decide what they want to believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: