Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

DITC diagnosis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3forall  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: DITC diagnosis Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm having some electrical woes, my 931 s2 cranks but won't start.

The issue started when I went to start the car, it started but wouldn't hold the idle, it ran very rough and I had to keep about 1/4 of the throttle to keep it from stalling, any more throttle would have no effect as it would not go any higher than ~1000rpm, the engine warming up had no effect on the problems. I didn't have time to work on it that day so I left it. The next day I tried starting it and it would only crank but never start.

So far I have confirmed that the engine gets fuel as the plugs are wet and smells of gas. I get power up to the coil with the ignition on and when the engine is cranking but no spark at the spark plug. Other thing that I noticed that might help is that the only time I would get a spark at the spark plug was when I turned off the ignition. This would not always happen but when it did, as I turned off the ignition I would get one spark, this was noticed both by seeing the spark with the plug out of the engine and by how a cylinder would occasionally fire once when I turned the ignition off..

At this point I'm thinking it's a DITC issue but a lot of the very little info I can find isn't helping me pinpoint the problem.

I was wondering if there was a way the diagnose the DITC system such as checking resistance at certain terminals.
morghen  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% sure the DITC is just fine.
It is probable you need a crank sensor(pray to all gods you dont)....but did you try unplugging and plugging that big DITC connector back in? The connector that goes into the DITC, under the central console.
That being said...good luck !

oh, and by the way...if you didnt already, sign this petition to ask Porsche to start producing many parts that are not being produced anymore...including that crank sensor

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-the-924
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP
Crank Sensor
1981 - 2015
He will be sorely missed
3forall  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petition signed

Now, is there any way to test the sensor? I'd like to confirm the issue before I start planing another ignition system.
morghen  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still find used sensors but they are a bit expensive.
You can ask Kenodog if he has any as he recently parted some 931s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Tech. All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: