Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Racing Brake System with Wilwood 5 part video series...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Racing Brake System with Wilwood 5 part video series... Reply with quote

Here is part 1...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWxLpVUwEkA

I learned a lot from this, its quite in depth, not all dumbed down discovery channel.. Maybe you will enjoy it too.
It's more stock car racing oriented but awesome technical information none the less. It starts with pedal and master cylinder options, goes all the way through static bias, dynamic bias, testing and calculating pressures and clamping forces etc..
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilariously, if you put good pads on the factory calipers you get plenty of stop...the brakes on my race car will displace your organs.
Cedric  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasta Monsta wrote:
Hilariously, if you put good pads on the factory calipers you get plenty of stop...the brakes on my race car will displace your organs.

+1!
MikeJinCO  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On some stuff I haven't found a lot of guidelines, the thought of living with the tank just behind you is strange, but then the FF folks lay on top of it and some are not even in a hard shell. I'm planning on using an about 8 gal ATL/Fuelsafe/equal behind me. The existing tank has to be removed. I'll have the battery and fuel pump back there also. I can legally get down to 1900 lbs(good luck with that) so I would imagine even the stock 924 brakes would stop that pretty quick.

In Oct the RMVR folks will be at PPIR in CoSprings and I'll check out the pair of RX7's that normally run and maybe the 260Z. They have the same type of body, most the small bore folks have Spridgets/Spitfires/TR4's so tanks go in the trunk.

'67 MG Midget Dp
'71 Ocelot Dsr Kawasaki 1000(under rebuild)
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On stock brakes i had some serious stoping power pads and stopping hard from 200km/h would hold me up in the air restrained by the seatbelt until completely stopped. Then ambulance would come and put back my internal organs and eyes in eye sockets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Links All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: