Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

custom turbo system in progress!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurboBullet  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: custom turbo system in progress! Reply with quote

custom turbo system and air to water intercooler/intake manifold in progress...

well I got some more stuff done today on my turbo system. I am going to be building up an installing a 944 turbo engine into my 924s. Got the borg warner S362 turbo mounted and started working on my custom intake manifold/air to water intercooler ie INTAKOOLER. I have built these before and they work great. All the plenum plates are cut out of aluminum sheet and just need to be TIG'ed up as well as cut, drill and tap a 3/8" plate for the throttle body. I also do a really cool bellmouth trick on the runner inlets using believe it or not a wood router(eats through aluminum like nobodies business and makes an incredibly nice tapered inlet to the runners...

I will be adding another rail of fuel injectors tuned via SMT6 as well as converting the car to speed density and getting rid of the MAF.
NEXT MISSION exhaust manifold

Heres the happy recipient

Heres a pic of the recently completed interior, Its been totally modernized with a double din nav/radio/sirius/dvd player and corbeau racing seats, rear seat delete and ultrasuede wrapped interior bits.

Last edited by TurboBullet on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Scorpio  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow youve chosen a nice looking car to put the "beasts balls" into. Keep up the great work!
BILSTEIN SHOCKS
GT BASED CUSTOM BODYKIT

Brisbane , Australia
Think mean think fast
all youll see is
my Porsches Arse!!!
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood scoop?
TurboBullet  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrenan wrote:
Hood scoop?

no its an air to water setup. ill put the heat exchanger down low in the nose.
TurboBullet  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpio wrote:
wow youve chosen a nice looking car to put the "beasts balls" into. Keep up the great work!

thanks, the interior is done now onto the turbo system and finishing up the body
RC  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an interesting project and will be good to follow your progress.

So your main plenum is before the IC core with a smaller collector area behind feeding the runners, and the TB at front?

Tell us about your plan, engine build, pistons, head, CR, boost, custom ex manifold & cross pipe Vs 951 manifold?

And yea, carbide router bits carve ally nicely. Found lower speed reduces chatter and bits last much longer with less chance of chipping.
TurboBullet  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your main plenum is before the IC core with a smaller collector area behind feeding the runners, and the TB at front?

-Yes but in actuality the intercooler is part of the plenum as it passes air through

Tell us about your plan, engine build, pistons, head, CR, boost, custom ex manifold & cross pipe Vs 951 manifold?

-Maintain 2.5l displacement with wiseco 8/1 compression pistons and crower rods. also doing a windage tray, crankshaft scraper, balance shaft delete. the head will get a port and polish on the intake side and a valve job.
The exhaust manifold will be constructed out of stainless with a very nice 4 into 1 merge collector to a 2.25" pipe to the turbine, the wastgate will be an external dump and the exhaust will be 3" stainless.

Chrenan  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurboBullet wrote:
Chrenan wrote:
Hood scoop?

I was thinking more for hood clearance, hard to tell from the pictures the placement of the top of the intake.

Any reason for the external wastegate dump? Just for ease of plumbing?
TurboBullet  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrenan wrote:
TurboBullet wrote:
Chrenan wrote:
Hood scoop?

I was thinking more for hood clearance, hard to tell from the pictures the placement of the top of the intake.

Any reason for the external wastegate dump? Just for ease of plumbing?

an external wastegate dump is my preference as you can pick up a little power by not disrupting exhaust flow. I could very easily dump it back in the exhaust stream. this intake manifold is only a small bit higher than a stock 944 turbo and I have about 2.5 inches before hood contact above it.
daleach  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you use to install the double din radio? Was it custom, or did you find a kit somewhere?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: