Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Made a Boost Controler today..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fasteddie313  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally ended up getting all the bolts out of it by drilling them out until I started to see threads on my closest side, then I chiseled out the first couple threads worth of bolt, finally I was able to tap the rest of the bolts out of the original threads in the housing catching the first threads with the tap... I did the tapping on the drill press manually as a fixture to keep everything perfectly straight with the same setup I used for the drilling.. Oh, I chiseled off the valve seat too, I didn't realize I could until examining rasta's pics again, it really took some beating to get it to separate..

Bought the metric tap and all 8 studs, nuts, and lock washers today..

I did try heating first again today and had no luck..

You guys are going to think I'm crazy but I repaired the diaphragm, I've been doing that over the last 2 days, well watching it dry..

First I cleaned it with brake parts cleaner until no more black came off of it and let it dry. Next I massaged permatex ultra black into both sides of the now very dry diaphragm really rubbing it in and then smoothing down/off. The boost signal side of the diaphragm I then layered with a paper towel pressing it onto the still freshly permatex coated diaphragm until it stuck absorbing the permatex and turning black. Then finally I coated the outside of the paper towel in permatex nicely smearing it in and set it to dry.. Similar to the way I repair damaged paper speaker cones with superglue but flexibly..

After doing all the bolts and holes today I assembled the WG with the permatex diaphragm and tested it at least to over 50 psi likely higher and put it through many many cycles and holding it open and modulating the valve and slamming it open with the compressors full beans with who knows how much pressure, like I said it saw at least 50 psi and no leaking or failure.. Just barely bumping the trigger would pop it open and it was very difficult to spray little enough to hold it only half open.

I'm going to run it and will be watching it with a boost gauge.. Still need to figure a line to its top port
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: