Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Rear shock options for race car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Rear shock options for race car Reply with quote

My car presently uses bilstein shocks all round however it has been suggested to me that the rear of my car is a bit stiff in rebound and I should try some softer rear shocks ..
So what options are out there, I know koni make adjustable shocks for our cars but perhaps I should try something like a kyb or are there any other options

TIA
fiat22turbo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=25272

Pretty much anything of similar size.

In your case, look for something available locally that is rebuild able to adjust the valving (Bilsteins can do this as can Koni's and other similar high end brands).

More importantly find a local shop that has a shock dyno so you can understand what the valving does and what any changes do before you put them in the car.
Fifty50Plus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And stay away from KYBs
I prefer Bilsteins but you need to work with the company to provide spring rates and corner weights for them to get the valving correct. But then they do both compression and rebound. And you never have to mess with them again. I've sent Bilsteins back after more than several years of racing on them and the shock dyno still shows a perfect circle (this is good).
Unless you get double adjustable Koni's you can only change rebound and hope you bought the right shock to match your spring and corner weights on compression.
Oh and stay away from KYBs.....
1981 924 Turbo a real PoS, new engine
1982 924 Turbo nice body, blown engine
1972 911 E race car - going to Vintage
Various 944s to become IT-S race car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: