Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

PCV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: PCV Reply with quote

Hey guys I've been off the forums for quite a while now, and it's not because I've sold or stopped caring about my 931. I've just been so busy driving it ... Anyways.

So I've come across something interested, I noticed that when I would drive the car it would bog down sometimes on full throttle, and my butt-O-meter would only feel torque in the 3000-4500 RPM range, before and after that I had nothing. So i tried something different: I routed the PCV that normally went to the intake to atmosphere, and now I feel like I have all the ponies I should have. My power seems really broad from about 2800-5000 (I just choose to shift at 5000).

Just wondering what might be going on if you guys happen to know of this sort of problem. Do I just have a crap load of blow by that was just seeing its was back to the cylinders? Was it maybe just not breathing well enough? Because logically having it routed to intake would be the best thing for it, but the performance difference it just night and day.

I'd also like to note that I have oil escaping from the dip stick at the base, and the oil fill cap. I feel like I just have loads of blowby, which sucks but if venting to atmosphere gives it the performance back idk why I wouldn't just continue this.

Another note is that the hose im talking about venting is coming from the top hose on the AOS (the one that should only have air coming from it). And it seems to have quite a lot of junk making its way into the intake, which is actually the first reason I tried venting to atmosphere, because I wanted to avoid throwing oil and sludgy crap into the distributor and all of it really.

All in all the car is fun as hell though. I put 7 mm wheel spacers up from and fitted my 928 wheels and tires and have been driving the car pretty crazy, so I can tell you there is no issue with rubbing or fitment. I can't get the thing to lose traction at all, it's like a damn go kart.
1977 924 (Parts)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: