Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Toofas dominate at MARRS 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hayeslewis  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Toofas dominate at MARRS 1 Reply with quote

Did you hear about the German cars that finished 1-2 in that big race on Sunday

Another successful weekend, and a great one for Chuck who won both the MARRS races in his #50 924. I was fortunate enough to have the best view of his victory as I spent the majority of it right on his tail, finishing 1.3 sec behind him in second.

I had another one of my epic starts. I think Merritt and I both need to go to start school. By the end of lap 1 was in fourth, almost slipping to fifth. I fought my way back to second and then took the lead about 5 laps later.
As Chuck is fond of saying “Old age and Treachery beat youth and exuberance every time”. I got slowed up a little when the ITS cars came through, two of which spun out in front of me. Chuck got me with a classic move going in to T1, I didn’t even know he was so close. He went flying by so fast I didn’t think he could make it stick, but he held it together. I figured I’d stay on his tail and try a move in the closing laps, but when the ITS cars came through again I lost ground and I never got close enough to make a move. It wasn’t for lack of trying. I was under my previous best, 1:30.8, on 7 of the last 8 laps setting a new personal best of 1:30.497. Chuck had the pedal down too, and ran down to a 1:30.332 on his last lap, which I do believe is his best ever in the car.
So he sells the car, takes it for one last run, sets a personal best, and brings home all the Hardware. Can you really ask for more? As for me the grin is almost as big. Without Chuck I wouldn’t have been out there. He’s provided tons of help. In the off season, when no one wanted to fix the car, he insisted it could be done when I wanted to quit. He spent hours with me on Friday chasing down and oil leak that threatened to end the weekend.
Racing is Hard, that’s why it’s so much fun. I can’t describe the emotional high I get from this sport, but it makes all the work pay off. If you’ve ever even considered making the plunge into club racing please let me help convince you.
The video:
https://youtu.be/KHfSQX2qbkw

No time to edit the video, but here are time marks so you can skip to the action.
1:07-from second to fourth
3:08-from fourth to second
9:16-I pass for the lead
10:51- Fun with the ITS cars
14:07-Chuck takes the lead back for good
2007 Armada
2013 Hyundai Elantra
1972 MG Midget Vintage project
Unstable electrified three wheeled Bicycle truck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924 Racing Today All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: