Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

'87 924S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beach  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a '87 924S and it has about 18,000 miles on. I was wonder how much it someone would pay for if I was to sell. But its NOT for sale yet, but it might be. Its red with a tan interior and it has power windows and is almost completely stock except for a rear sway bar and rear koni shocks. Please help me out.
jamez  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the kelly blue book says $4500, for one in excellent condition, but looking at autotrader.com, I saw a few higher than $8000, so I would ask alot for it but it just depends if you can find someone stupid enough to pay too much for it...
eturbo924  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4500-5000 dollars seems to be the ceiling on these cars. I have not seen any actually sell for much more.... Don't get me wrong. People ask a lot more, but they never sell them. To many nice 944s out there to command a large amount of money for a 924S. I like the 924S myself.

Also it depends on where it has spent its life and where it is now.

Eric
MAS  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately ETurbo is correct... at least right now. There are too many 944's on the market right now, and this keeps the price of the 924S lower than it should be (in my opinion).

But, consider this...

1) The 924S is a rarer car than the 944, as there were only about 16,000 made worldwide. They have the potential to be the more collectable car because of this.

2) They are faster than the regular 944.

So unless you really have to, I'd advise against selling a mint low miles 924S for $4,500. It's really worth twice that.

-MAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: