Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Oil in turbo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Oil in turbo Reply with quote

Hey guys, so today I took off the intake tube that I had plugged to keep junk out of it and I looked down into the compressor side of the turbo and found a huge pool of dirty oil.

I've never run the car, I've turned it over to make sure it would but that's it so far. the car has been sitting for god knows how long, but the guy that had it before me said he had it running (for no specific amount of time).

I specifically remember the oil being very gross and old/milky, however the dipstick shows new clean oil.

I used a vacuum with a small tube and sucked all the oil out and saw some moist debris inside. so im just wondering, is this a sure sign i need to send it in for a rebuild or is this something that could happen to a car that has sit for a long time.

Sorry for no pics, as soon as I saw the oil in it I freaked out and got it out.
jason c  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some oil on the intake side is normal. It could be that it was blowing oil when parked but without knowing how much oil was there (or even if we did), its not difinitive proof its bad.
Feeling/measuring the sided to side and end play is a better way to judge its condition.
Mileage, how & where it was stored and "while you're in there" can be rational reasons to rebuild.
Unless there is an obvious reason to rebuild it or you're going to do it yourself (provided you have the knowledge to do it correctly), I would get the car running first & evaluate it from that point.
DZGunner  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks jason, i'll see if i can get it running and come back to this if i experience anything further
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: