Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 vs 944 HVAC controls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snakoil  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the fan speed you simply need a potentiometer.
as for the direction of the air (center, feet, windsheild), those are actually rods that get pushed when you turn the knob.
You would need to replace the rod system with a small servomotor.
At that point you will be able to replace with any button at your local circuit shop.

On my side, I won't bother with the rods and simply put it into winshield position and leave it that way. IF you do like this, all you need is to mount the potentiometer on the fan (2 wires)
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok getting back on this...

So since i have already removed the the front condenser and the Compressor, Id like to remove the unit under the passenger footwell but want to make sure I can still get air flow through the center vents, (and hopefully heat too)

what will happen if I remove the AC unit?
and can I "fix" it so I can get heat through the center vents?
If I read the posted pic of the instructions right it says "center vents are fresh air only no heat" but what about the side vents?

also what does that A/C unit weigh?

here in Colorado, temps can range from -15F* to 100F* (though I probably wouldnt drive in the extreme temps)
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the local u-pull-it has a 924S, would it be worth the trouble to go pull the HVAC out of it?

also I read about how you have to cut/repo the intake hole under the hood, but could you not swap the top of the HVAC body to use the original inlet with the later HVAC body?
MikeDanger  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I pulled out the A/C unit. which weighs 11.5lbs BTW

I haven't pulled the dash out yet, but I put my hands in to the middle ducts for the center dash vents, and Could feel the flapper valve. When i moved the center control lever all the way to the right, It would close the flap, BUT if I moved it back about and inch, it opened it, meaning heated air should flow through the center vents right? (of course I have to block off the A/C port)

But im wondering why I cant rig it so those flaps are permanently open?
I was under the impression that the Center vents were completely separate from the upper and lower vents, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Body and Interior All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: