Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924 Turbo values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philsy  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: 924 Turbo values Reply with quote

Hi

I write for GT Porsche magazine and am doing a short piece on 924 Turbo values. The problem is, there aren't any for sale in the UK at the moment!

It would be great to get some feedback from you guys with regard to values and how you see them going in the next few years. With their rarity, will we see an increase in values?

Many thanks

Phil Raby
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 924 Turbo values Reply with quote

Dont be silly..there are 924 turbos for sale in UK.
Have a look here: https://porsche924.co.uk/
UK or USA is not the ideal place to probe for values.
UK has really low prices for all older cars.
USA never take their nose out of the V8s, especially when it comes to older cars.
In my opinion Europe is the only real market for the 924, in all its forms.

Philsy wrote:
Hi

I write for GT Porsche magazine and am doing a short piece on 924 Turbo values. The problem is, there aren't any for sale in the UK at the moment!

It would be great to get some feedback from you guys with regard to values and how you see them going in the next few years. With their rarity, will we see an increase in values?

Many thanks

Phil Raby
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JasonO  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Porsche "expert" but I've a few copies of your magazine on my bookshelf,It's a good read, contains some great article's, and unlike other publications seem's quite free of arrogant B.S.
I would be beyond very cool to see some article's on some of the car's and owner's that grace this forum,modified or not.
Philsy  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's kind of you to say. This is just a short column on values but maybe we can follow up with a longer feature.

If we did that, is there anyone in the UK with a really nice 931 we could use for photography?

Cheers

Phil
morghen  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES !
Have a look here: https://porsche924.co.uk/

Show-off section: https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
You can find original cars, slightly modded cars, very clean cars and even higher power cars or wide body cars(like mine for example )

Philsy wrote:
Thanks, that's kind of you to say. This is just a short column on values but maybe we can follow up with a longer feature.

If we did that, is there anyone in the UK with a really nice 931 we could use for photography?

Cheers

Phil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil.

You will hopefully get a call/pm/email from another Phil from the 924 owners club here in the UK. We are celebrating the 35 years of 924 turbos next month with an event at Donnington. You will have more 924 turbos in one location than have been gathered for some years. We are also expecting several Carrera GT's and a GTS. https://porsche924.co.uk

UK prices for good cars are going north of £3k now. Excellent cars are £4-6k. In recent times there have been a lack of good to excellent cars for sale. Most have been £500-£1500 fairly rough cars needing a lot of tlc.

Porsche Centre Bolton have just bought a turbo which they will be restoring which shows you that these are appreciating. I figure the best will be breaking £10k very soon.

In Europe the cars are far more sought after and command far higher prices usually £8-£18k with a modified turbo with a £25k asking price.

All the best

Steve
Carrera RSR  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turbo feature in this months GT Porsche magazine.
Rasta Monsta  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is worth meelions and meelions of dollars.
McGyver  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Poland You can expect about 4-5k € for runing car... But for now we found only 10 or 11 931s and only 4 runs. Last for sale ... That ask about 4k €.

SOLD: 924 81' N/A- with turbo gearbox "dogleg" - great but mysterious car
www.mauser98k.internetdsl.pl - if someone like german rifles (English version avalible)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: