Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Have a 924/924T engine laying around?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neutron  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Have a 924/924T engine laying around? Reply with quote

Does anyone who has removed their 924 or 924 Turbo engine still have it laying around? Maybe using it for a door stop! I am desperately trying to find some valve adjusting screws for my '82 924 Turbo.
I need part number 046.109.453 E and F or G. (2,3, and 4 notches)
Seems the screws are NLA so I guess if I find any, they will be in an old junk engine. I was hoping someone who has done engine swaps in 924 might have some junk 924 engines laying around or perhaps know where I could find these screws. I need at least 4 E's with 2 notches and one 3 (F) notches or 4 (G) notches.
I have one exhaust valve with a one notch screw that needs at least four turns of the screw but it is already at the edge of the can follower so no adjustment is left. Other NO notch and one notch screws are too close for comfort to the edge after adjustment. Any other ideas?
Thank you very much for any help or advice.
have any of these Valve Adjusting Screws, perhaps in an old junk engine you would be willing to sell?
046 109 453 E "2 notches" (or Red paint) need 4
046 109 453 F "3 notches" need one 3 notch or 4 notch
046 109 453 G "4 notches" (or Yellow paint)
My '82 931 needs a valve adjustment bad!

Please contact Franklin Garrison
West Palm Beach, FL
fgarrison@bellsouth.net

JasonK  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one engine in the back of my garage, and another local scrap yard has one I'd rather salvage than see scrapped. Unfortunately that particular corner of garage is not conveniently accessible right now.

I've never looked under the valve covers, probably the cars I'm working on should be gapped as well. I'm guessing the larger diameters are needed to compensate as other parts wear?

Im curious what other sources have you found?
neutron  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Forged who owns Black Forest Racing in Denver NC http://www.blackforestracing.com
knows a lot of people and found the screws for me.
These screws would be "bench stock" for someone who works on these cylinder heads but since there are so few of these engines, the older men who worked on them are retired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: