Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

OT: The Circus is back again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some great racing action in Bahrain! Was out of town this weekend, so I just watched it on my dvr. It did not disappoint.

I heard a quote from the Red Bull team, trashing my boy Webber... Then Ricciardo finished ahead of "the driver who's name shall not be spoken" and I felt better.

Interesting to see the head of Ferrari bolt half-way through the race. He was pretty candid with his comments and I'm sure the team is feeling the heat. Good drama.
Peter_in_AU  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a lot of cheering here when Red Bull told their other driver to "move over - Daniel is faster than you".

After getting a taste of the Webber conspiracy in race one and two it's good to see Ricciardo get some points on the board.

Learn to love your multimeter and may the search be with you
Khal  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tickets arrived for Montreal. Can't wait to see 'em in person!

The race was a bit 'meh' for me. There was some good wheel-to-wheel action, for sure. But it was mainly between teammates because only the cars of teammates have equal pace... Merc vs. Merc, Force India vs. Force India, Red Bull vs. Red Bull, Williams vs. Williams, Ferrari vs. Ferrari...

The commentators were all triumphantly proclaiming that this race will silence the critics (and they're right, in the very short term).

But, no. Not ultimately. There's still a lot wrong. Plainly wrong.

They refuse to sort out the aero issues and so the utterly contemptible DRS remains.

The new power systems (which I actually don't mind at all, believe it or not) are clearly maintaining, possibly even increasing, stratification in the results. It's not a new situation. But, again, no proposed solutions. Barely a mention.

The last-race-double-points thing is just farcical. I am... just... lost for words.

They still refuse to stream it live to my preferred device. Their mobile software is a friggin' joke, given the billions upon billions of dollars they have to play with.

Despite myself, I still love F1. But there's some serious issues that aren't going to be simply forgotten because two guys went wheel-to-wheel through a couple of corners once...
Khal  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the Chinese and Spanish GP's were similar to Bahrain, insomuchas they had some pretty cool wheel-to-wheel action but no further shocking ups and downs...

...unless you count Vettel's superb effort in Spain (yeah, there's proof he really is that good) and Ricciardo just keeping his head on straight and proving to be a rather consistent driver (not that it was unexpected, necessarily... I just didn't realise he was that good!).

OK, Alonso proved he really is worthy. That overtaking move on Kimi was simply flawless. Even though I was slightly amused (read: f****** annoyed) that they seemingly purposely left Kimi out there a couple of laps too long in that second stint. Awfully handy for Alonso to suddenly be a two seconds a lap faster than Kimi, in front of his home crowd and all. Just enough to catch Kimi. What a surprise

Enough of my conspiracy theories...

Hamilton? Pffft. Typically whiny little b****. Even when he's got it in the bag, he does nothin' but b**** and moan and psyche himself out. He will fall apart halfway through the season. Again. And Rosberg will surpass him.

Nice to see Vettel take fastest lap off him. The cracks are appearing.

Rosberg has been consistently faster in the races. If it wasn't for Hamilton having the prime strategy (which is perfectly fair of Mercedes), it wouldn't be four wins for Hamilton, I guarantee it.

Anyway... Here comes the glamour race!

And in Practice 1 and 2, no surprise then BIG surprise!

Hamilton and Rosberg quickest... but... hang on a sec... that's ALONSO posting the third fastest time! Less than two-tenths off Rosberg!

Whoa ho ho! This could be a very interesting qualifying session indeed...
peterld  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....what a cracker of a GP! Did anyone from the Board go???
And our boy won!!!! Against all odds, too.
jazz guy  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great race, indeed. I'd like to hear an account from someone who was there, as well. One thing's for sure, with the trouble Hamilton encountered, Khal will be piping up to express his happiness at the outcome.
Khal  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazz guy wrote:
One thing's for sure, with the trouble Hamilton encountered, Khal will be piping up to express his happiness at the outcome.

Sooooo happy!

Was in Montreal for the race. It was good to see anyone but Hamilton win. It was even better to see anyone but Mercedes win...

But it was F****** AWESOME to see Ricciardo get his first race win! Woo hoo!

It was worth the price of admission to see Massa pass Alonso, too

And good to see Vettel getting some form back.

I posted some vid's...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: