Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

1982 931 #651 - Franz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassBlu  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: 1982 931 #651 - Franz Reply with quote

Hey all,

This is my first post on the board, and I am happy to be the new owner of a 1982 924 Turbo! He is number 651 of some 900 cars for the NA market in '82. He has just over 101k on the clock and barring a smokey turbo and other minor issues is in great shape.

Some more history: I was born into a PCA family and have always been active at local and national levels. I have competed in and won many events in many different Porsches, but the 924 Turbo has always held a special place in my heart. My dad had a 1982 Hellblau Metallic Turbo when I was born and raced it for many fond years. I am finally at a place in life where a third car seemed justified -- so I started looking. I saw lots of VWs and Audis that were reasonably priced and unique, but one night a little over a week ago I took a chance. Craigslist -- Porsche, maximum $3000. Franz was the first result and I just HAD to go look. After a few tests it was very clear -- I was going to buy this car. What a great first Porsche for my wife and me!

Why Franz you might ask? He is named after a kitten our cats had that passed away at a young age. As a member of team Dead Pets Racing I could think of no better way to honor this car and Franz (the cat). Feel free to check out our page
http://www.deadpetsracing.com

So what's the next step? Get him ready to drive and race a little! I am going to be replacing the waterpump and timing belt as well as some fuel lines and other tubing. The most major thing to do is have the turbo rebuilt. If I remember, the turbo number I saw was some oddball not listed in the turbo tech bulletin. I also have some 7" Phonedials I am picking up soon and there are also Hankook ventus rs3 225/45/15 tires coming. He should be all fit and ready for our local Autocross on the 16th!

Thanks for reading and I will see you all around the board and at events soon!

- Paul Jr.

13020004 by GaroBlu, on
Flickr --
He's a little Dusty!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 931 Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: