Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Respray without a compressor.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicalannette  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Respray without a compressor. Reply with quote

Hi, just wondering if any of you have tried using these if you dont have a compressor or if you only have a small job and dont want to break out all the paint gear.

http://www.accarparts.co.uk/car-assessories/car-colour-paint-in-aerosol-and-touch-up/

They probably do it in other countries, the have hundreds of pots of paint, thousnds of colour test chips then mix the differnt paint colours of paint together and fill the empty cans that just contain the propellent.

I gives a good finish due to a very special nozzle, it gives a nice flat spay pattern so you can get spray gun good results.

personally i prep the car with 400grit, spray with colour, then spray with clear top coat, flat the clear with 1200grit to remove any runs and get the clear coat nice and a flat matt finish(my mum says i always put too much on at once! but then she is better sprayer!) but dont go through to the paint below! then use a cutting compound to get a shine.

works well enough.unless there are flys about you should get a professional looking finish.

Thease cans will probably cover a door or small bumper and probably take two to cover a wing (fender). But the real secret to these cans being brilliant are the nozzle and the fact the paint isnt colour limited (i.e. just the tins on the shelf).

If your thinking of spraying and dont have a compressor or its only a small bumper scratch I would look up your nearest distributor.

Certainly better than any can I have seen before and a world apart from a jenny brush or roller!

just a quick note on spraying, hold it about 8-10 inches away, do all the edges and nooks and crannies first, then as the paint comes out and hits the metal it will look "wet" compaired to the rest, try and spray in lines so the wet patch moves across the panel from one side to the other, if you spray half a panel then start after moving the wet patch again you will have dull patches so try and do it all in one go, this should give you a good finish with a minimum of cutting after. you might even want to plan a bit before you start to work out you spray route.

if you unsure, try on a bit of metal that doesnt matter or an old wing from a scrap yard.

After all the hard work some guys have put in not being able to paint it because you dont have a compressor can be annoying, i know from past experience.

hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> How-To All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: