Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Noob going EFI...soon...hopefully...with luck...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideola  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the injectors should be as close to the combustion chamber as possible. Put them in the head.

You can get pencil style injectors...the longer body will get the pintle pretty darn close to the end of the injector bore. This way you can just use a standard bung and not worry about having to drill the head.

dreamgts  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh so you decided to get your hands dirty at last, instead of filling your belly with beer. Nice project keep it up.

dreamgts
1 CLASSIC FIAT 132 2000CC(JUST PURCHASED)
4 SUV'S
2 SEDANS
1 OPEL PANEL VAN
WIFES SUZUKI ALTO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdubr928  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ideola wrote:
In my opinion, the injectors should be as close to the combustion chamber as possible. Put them in the head.

You can get pencil style injectors...the longer body will get the pintle pretty darn close to the end of the injector bore. This way you can just use a standard bung and not worry about having to drill the head.

Ok I think I feel alot more comfortable with that over drilling my head. Is there a writeup or pics of this? I've seen standard bungs..... how would a set of those install? I've seen alot of installs where they just smash the bottom orings into the head. Seems risky.
Min  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on my experience in the last week or so, I feel that pencil injectors are not required at all. Regular injectors get just as far down the hole as these pencil injectors would.

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Grenadiers  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dreamgts"]Ahh so you decided to get your hands dirty at last, instead of filling your belly with beer. Nice project keep it up.

Well, that CGT/EFI project is down on the list so to speak. I have two turbo cars to prep for selling first. And, can't do chit till the heat, humidity, and those damn Gnats, start abating! In the mean time, more beer, burp~!
I'd like to skip ahead to the more-fun project, but have to wait. Maybe till next summer. Have the ancient, and sublime 911 to rock with at the moment!
2004 Winnebago Vectra monster RV
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Kia Soul
2001 Ford F350 powerstroke
dreamgts  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Grenadiers"]
dreamgts wrote:
Ahh so you decided to get your hands dirty at last, instead of filling your belly with beer. Nice project keep it up.

Well, that CGT/EFI project is down on the list so to speak. I have two turbo cars to prep for selling first. And, can't do chit till the heat, humidity, and those damn Gnats, start abating! In the mean time, more beer, burp~!
I'd like to skip ahead to the more-fun project, but have to wait. Maybe till next summer. Have the ancient, and sublime 911 to rock with at the moment!

Ahhh yes, that damm list always there, first things are first I guess as long as you have fun its ok. keep cool friend.

dreamgts
1 CLASSIC FIAT 132 2000CC(JUST PURCHASED)
4 SUV'S
2 SEDANS
1 OPEL PANEL VAN
WIFES SUZUKI ALTO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vdubr928  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humidity? Bugs? What is the nature of these great evils?

Filling belly with beer. I do know of this practice. I find that combining filling belly with beer and prepping turbos for sale can lead to increased productivity. (Usually because others seem to want to help) also because the great pauses that beer causes can lead to clarity of mind which increases troubleshooting capacity while curbing the urge to just drive it.
vdubr928  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Min wrote:
based on my experience in the last week or so, I feel that pencil injectors are not required at all. Regular injectors get just as far down the hole as these pencil injectors would.

Min

Min...... will you send me some good pics of how you are installing these? And the process? Ie are you drilling? Ill have this one going soon but winter may call for ms conversion.
Min  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubr928 wrote:
Min...... will you send me some good pics of how you are installing these? And the process? Ie are you drilling? Ill have this one going soon but winter may call for ms conversion.

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=31033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

Min
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jeremy924  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to post these injector pics, not sure if they would work for our aplication or not.

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1280&bih=820&tbm=isch&tbnid=i-rabZeV-208fM:&imgrefurl=http://gzyuetian.en.gasgoo.com/auto-products/1581878.html&docid=iViMoI65E4GZwM&imgurl=http://images.gasgoo.com/MiMwMDRfMDA0IzgxMDI2OTEwMA--/auto-part-fuel-injector-nozzle-for-nissan-oem-16600-ed000-fby1160.jpg&w=400&h=400&ei=_KrqT8Eug5jYBZeE1ckB&zoom=1[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Performance Upgrades All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: