Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

FEELER : Lexan Sunroof (i.e. Saratoga Top)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Transparent Sunroof (i.e. Saratoga Top)
Very Interested - money not much of an obstacle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Interested (no more than $500 shipped in US)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Interested (no more than $400 shipped in US)
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Interested (gotta be less than $300 shipped in US)
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

skemcin  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: FEELER : Lexan Sunroof (i.e. Saratoga Top) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've been pretty quite for a while - life - and still catching up on a lot of things. But that's besides the point. As stated in the subject, I am looking to see if there is any current interest in a transparent sunroof. I know the Saratoga Top is highly sought after as it is very rare. I have to research the copyrights (if they still apply) as well, but I might have access to a means of reproducing these.

So, this is an informal inquiry. Please respond to the poll and post any other feedback accordingly. This would be months in the making so please understand that as well.

Thanks in advance.
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Grenadiers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think polycarbonate rear hatches and windshields would sell well to us and the Pelican crowd. Not sure about sunroof though.
2004 Winnebago Vectra monster RV
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Kia Soul
2001 Ford F350 powerstroke
skemcin  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenadiers wrote:
I think polycarbonate rear hatches and windshields would sell well to us and the Pelican crowd. Not sure about sunroof though.
Thanks for the feedback. Any examples or specifications to run off - or basically just make it as close to OEM as possible (thicker, thinner, tensile strength, etc.)?
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kcoyle  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-924-944-968-used-parts-sale-wanted/658379-saratoga-tops-made-again.html

Looks like someone is on it already over at pelican.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.
Harm  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: FEELER : Lexan Sunroof (i.e. Saratoga Top) Reply with quote

^Pelican chaps could use some help

Wasn't it a product from Ferrigan & O'Brien inc.?
Have found copywrite material (patent) online in NY state through Google in the past.
It should still be out there…
HTH

How are the cars Skemcin!?
Grenadiers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skemcin wrote:
Grenadiers wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Any examples or specifications to run off - or basically just make it as close to OEM as possible (thicker, thinner, tensile strength, etc.)?

Not sure, have only seen one lexan rear hatch on a 944 in person. Anything that can reduce the weight of the glass turd back there.
2004 Winnebago Vectra monster RV
2012 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Kia Soul
2001 Ford F350 powerstroke
old 924  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some one just sold a hatch over on pelican for i think $350.. and as for the sunroof's they are makeing them now ..i think they are takeing order's soon..power and non power i beleave...
skemcin  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. Shortly after posting this I found the Pelican thread but misread - thought it was just one for sale. I still plan on exploring the sun roof and given these posts I'll look into replacements for all the glass - not sure if any of this will pan out but just curious if there is any interest.

As for my cars, still have both 924s but have been putting money into my 02 Subaru Impreza - my daily driver. With 160k miles it's needed the attention so it's been the priority.

This post, though, is related. My 89k mile 924 is now in the hands of Naperville High School shop program where it will get all the attention it needs and deserves. All the mods I started should also get finished. So that is where all this coming from - since they have a fabrication course the Lexan sunroof (or other similar) could come out of that.

That's the short of it...

Sent from my iPod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Cars and Parts Wanted/For Sale All times are GMT + 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: