Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

3800 swap begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET!

My account was inactive...its been a while guys!

Some of this looks familar...

this should be semi easy!

What are you doing for motor mounts?
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the project has kinda been put on the back burner rite now
but it think i will be making a new cross member and building them in to the a cross member i think i will use dodge rubber motor mounts for the bushings
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the project is some what back on. I built a new crossmember for the front. I built it out of half inch by 3 inch flat iron and 1/4 in plate. I bent the half inch flat iron into shape with the vice torch and bfh. Then I cut the 1/4 inch plate into shape and welded it on. I wish I woulda takin more pictures but I didn't have my phone. Its not quite finished yet I still need to figure out where I'm goin to reposition the steering rack to. Then I need to drop the motor in to get the motor mounts built. I'm goin a different root with the mounts. I'm using the bushing out of leaf springs as the motor mount bushings and pipe and flat iron as the mounts. I made the crossmember heavy duty enough to mount the engine to.
turbobob9242  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET!

Keep us posted.
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well got the new cross member in and the suspension out back together. It fits pretty well. u also removed the cars AC and the heater. The throttle body for the motor needs to go right were the heater was so like I said in the past it goin to be a put on a coat or roll down the window car. Also I've decided to go back to the supercharger instead of the turbo I just think it will easier to do the swap. I got a cherry picker today but I wasn't able to set my engine in cause I had to change the wheel hearings in my buddies truck. Tommorow I hope to get the motor dropped in and get a start on the motor mounts.
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some what of a disappointing day. My cross member is not goin to wrk. But I already no how I'm goin to fix it. The oil pan is not goin to clear the crossmember so I'm goin to have the make the center removable. But I've got that takin care of. But I have to say I'm a very indecicive person. The car is getting a turbo and that is all there is to it. It is goin to be cramped but I think it will all fit I kinda wich I woulda got a smaller turbo now because mine is huge. I got the intake about were I need it now. I'm goin to try to get a good start on my turbo header. Then ill need to make a header for the other side. I think I will have to be a bit illegal on the exhaust. I think I'm goin to have a three inch pipe dumping out of the fender.
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was some what successful. I didn't get to wrk on my header much today but I did get my serpentine system. All that the belt is running is the alt and the water pump but I had to make a tensioner bracket to make. That was kinda a pain in the butt. The braket it self want that dificult to build but trying to get the correct spacing so that belt dosent roll off was agrivating. That took most of my day but I did get started on my motor mounts.
joejax  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man,... best of luck to you, I'm sure we're all rooting for you. Please post pics of your progress.
mcadam1121  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge success today the 3800 is now sitting in my car by itself. I got the motor mounts built and it in there. I still have a boat load of wrk to do but this is a huge success for me. The list of things to do include get the steering out together get the brakes out together and then get the cutch figued out. Then get the fuel system rigged up. Then wire it up. Oh and get the iintake rigged up with the throttle linkage. So I got some wrk to do
Jeremy924  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a few years later... Don't leave us in suspense. Did it work, is it on the road again ?!?!? I must know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> Engine Transplants All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: