Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

924s parts and repair cost?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RageLtMan  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, so i got the 924s, couldn't be happier, but the car is a bit of a fixer-upper. There's a small crack in the windshield, and i was told that i could go to a junkyard, and get a whole new windshield (granted from a 944) for ~80 or so. That's fine, but i have no idea what installation would run me, or whether i could just hire a glass repair company to silicone seal it. Also, the power-steering hose is hosed, and yet again i was told that all in all, it would run me ~$200 for a new one with installation. How accurate is this? and could i get better deals?

Also, since i have the car, and money will keep showing up from work and the like, i was wondering how people in the past have added on to these cars, and what they got out of it (mostly thinking performance wise say possibly a turbo to the 944 engine in this car, maybe a rim/tire change, etc). How often do people do things like this, how costly would it be, and where do they shop?

Thanks for any advice.
gohim  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you need to do, before doing cosmetic changes is attend to the 30K/3-year engine service. That's timing and balance shaft belts, front oil seals, water pump, belt pulley, and belt rollers. Don't drive the car until you have these parts replaced, unless you can verify the mileage and time of these parts with print documentation.

This is going to suck up a minimum of $1000-$1500 (probably closer to $1500). You didn't mention which power steering hose is leaking, and some of them cost close to $150, for the part alone.

The windshield from all 924 and early 944 cars is the same. A good used one will fit, but they are very hard to remove without breaking.
RageLtMan  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> 924S Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: